experience builder Null is not an Object in content pane, major Sidebar issues??

04-29-2020 09:57 AM
DanMoses1
New Contributor II

Seems like side bars in experience builder are an invitation for erratic behavior inside of the editor.

Any list items inside a sidebar behave inconsistently and Im often getting Null Object statements in the Content panel both inside and out side of sidebars.

Am I missing something or is this an issue?

Thanks

0 Kudos
6 Replies
DavidMartinez
Esri Regular Contributor

Dan,

Can you share your experience with us? Currently, we do not have any issues with a list inside a sidebar container. 

Thanks,

David 

0 Kudos
DanMoses1
New Contributor II

Hey David,

Thanks for the response.

Im actually finding the issues are not necessarily related just to side bars.  Messing with the Maximum numbers can get the list widget tangled into the Null object issue. Set it to 0 and you should see what I mean. I am also finding the behavior of the list widget to be inconsistent between the Live view and once published. The lists ability to change what portion of the list is visible related to filtering by map selection is behaving in a way that doesn't make much sense to me.

0 Kudos
DanMoses1
New Contributor II

And now I am finding that if I do anything unexpected with the sizes of the list box or the text box inside of it, it breaks. I add a header and footer and it crashes the list. Ive tried Safari, Chrome and Firefox. The only way Ive found to get up and running again is to delete the list entirely and make a new one. Thoughts?

0 Kudos
DanMoses1
New Contributor II

I think I found the problem.  Padding for list can not be set to 0. That crashes it.

0 Kudos
DavidMartinez
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Dan,

I was able to reproduce both issues.  I will get these logged.  I am curious to know why did you select 0 for maximum items to be returned, was there some time of workflow you were trying to achieve? The reason why I am asking is the list preloads data with a query so I am trying to understand if there is some workflow we missed.

Thanks,

David   

0 Kudos
DanMoses1
New Contributor II

Hey David,

Thanks, Glad it was easily reproducible at your end.

Like a lot of folks, I have been trying to figure out a solve for the lack of customizable info pane.  I ended up going with the text box nested inside an empty list method you suggested a few weeks back and tried about every setting possible to get them to format in a pleasing manner.

It would be really great if there was a widget that would display configurable feature info akin to the text box but with expanded forming capabilities or at minimum an appreciation for "no data."

Thanks for your help.

Dan

0 Kudos