Experience Builder - Label of Layers not showing

Jump to solution
09-30-2021 04:13 AM
Martin1
Occasional Contributor

Hello,

I am using Experience Builder 1.5 Developer Edition to create a Web App.

The strange thing is, that in my application the labels of layers are not showing. If I look at the webmap everything is ok, but in the actual application the labels are just not there.

Any idea what could cause that?

MartinScheiber1_0-1633000163328.png   MartinScheiber1_1-1633000314696.png

Webmap                                                                      Application

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Jianxia
Esri Regular Contributor

ExB does not handle the web map rendering. It is up to the Map widget in JSAPI. There might be an issue in that version of JSAPI. As a try, could you create a similar map in the online map viewer, then bring it to ExB online version and see if the problem occurs. If not, I would recommend upgrading to dev edition 1.6 available on October 20.

View solution in original post

Stefan_Thorn
Occasional Contributor II

Today, I also experiences this behavior. In the webmap the labels are showing but when also using the same webmap in ExB the labels will not shown. I'm not using the developer app.

View solution in original post

13 Replies
CourtneyMenikheim
Occasional Contributor

Is the webmap shared in such a way you could link it here? We haven't encountered this issue in any of our EXB dev projects, but I'm not 100% on if any of the projects had labels on the map to begin with.

Courtney Menikheim | Application Developer | @thecmenikheim
Martin1
Occasional Contributor

Thank you for your answer. The webmap is unfortunately not public.
If you are curious to take a look, I can maybe arrange something by giving you temporal access via an account on our ArcGIS Enterprise Installation.

In any case, I think this might be a bug in Experience Builder 1.5 Developer Edition. I just tried with the older version 1.3, which I still have installed and there the problem does not seem to exist. Everything works as it should. 

0 Kudos
CourtneyMenikheim
Occasional Contributor

I'd be interested to see what anyone from the EXB development team has to say on it.

Courtney Menikheim | Application Developer | @thecmenikheim
Jianxia
Esri Regular Contributor

ExB does not handle the web map rendering. It is up to the Map widget in JSAPI. There might be an issue in that version of JSAPI. As a try, could you create a similar map in the online map viewer, then bring it to ExB online version and see if the problem occurs. If not, I would recommend upgrading to dev edition 1.6 available on October 20.

Martin1
Occasional Contributor

Thank you for your answer. Indeed in ArcGIS Online it seems to work as it should. It could really be a bug in the JSAPI, as I see the same behaviour in Web Appbuilder in Enterprise. I will stick with ExB 1.3. for now and try 1.6 once it is out.  

Stefan_Thorn

Today, I also experiences this behavior. In the webmap the labels are showing but when also using the same webmap in ExB the labels will not shown. I'm not using the developer app.

Jianxia
Esri Regular Contributor

@Stefan_Thorn Are you using Experience Builder online edition?

0 Kudos
Stefan_Thorn

Yes, I am using ExB Online edition.

0 Kudos
Jianxia
Esri Regular Contributor

@Stefan_Thorn, Is the map created using the new Map Viewer? if so, could you please try the map in one of the Instant apps and see if the problem occurs? This would help us narrow down where the problem is.

0 Kudos