Select to view content in your preferred language

Data filtering changes trigger - search widget

09-09-2022 02:35 AM
VictoriaJadot
Emerging Contributor

Hi,

I want to create a 'Data filtering changes' trigger on my search widget, but it says 'No widget' when trying to select a target? I'm currently working in Experience Builder (Developer Edition) V1.9. Does somebody know how to fix this issue? Thanks in advance.

VictoriaJadot_0-1662715995752.png

Mauk

0 Kudos
5 Replies
ShengdiZhang
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @VictoriaJadot ,

The message action Data filtering changes only supports targeting on map widgets. You need to add a map widget first to see it displayed in the message action target list.

Doc can be found at: https://doc.arcgis.com/en/experience-builder/latest/configure-widgets/action-triggers.htm#GUID-FF0BB...

Regards,

Shengdi

0 Kudos
VictoriaJadot
Emerging Contributor

Hi @ShengdiZhang ,

Thank you for your reply! Even with a map widget added, I still cannot see it in the message action target list.

VictoriaJadot_0-1663141598786.png

Regards,

Mauk

0 Kudos
ShengdiZhang
Esri Regular Contributor

Do you have any search sources configured in the search widget?

ShengdiZhang_0-1663142923329.png

0 Kudos
VictoriaJadot
Emerging Contributor

I'm currently using two Layer sources as search source. I suppose this is the problem; the data filtering changes trigger doesn't work with just Layer sources?

0 Kudos
ShengdiZhang
Esri Regular Contributor

The data filtering changes trigger should work for both layer and locator sources. I was unable to reproduce your issue in either AGOL or the dev edition 1.9. Would you mind contacting Esri Technical Support to see if they can build a reproducible environment? Thanks.

0 Kudos