Select to view content in your preferred language

Create list of URL’s

Jump to solution
07-28-2023 02:01 PM
Labels (1)
pbDudley
New Contributor III

Hello. Is there a way to export all of the URL’s that are stored in arc portal?  The goal would be to create a list or query tool in experience builder that would allow a user to filter down to a specific level, see the URL’s related to that area, then view them in a hopefully a image viewer in experience builder. Also to be able to copy/paste the url to another program that accepts Esri portal map connection. 
I don’t see a way to grab all of the urls. I’m sure a python script perhaps this is possible. 
The end goal would be a dashboard or something made in experience builder acting as a sort of control panel for all of the data/tools/images stored and to be able to open them and to copy the url. It’s a lot of urls, so it could be manual but it would take a long time

thanks 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JoshuaSharp-Heward
Occasional Contributor III

If that's not an option but you have the ability to use ArcGIS Notebooks I can also recommend following the setup here: https://www.esri.com/arcgis-blog/products/arcgis-online/administration/managing-arcgis-online-conten... which should do what you're after too (+ more)

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
JoshuaSharp-Heward

Hi,

Depending on your version of Portal, have you looked into item reports? They output item id's and urls for feature services, and it's a good way of getting an inventory without having to write any code. https://doc.arcgis.com/en/arcgis-online/reference/report-fields.htm

Then in your experience builder app if you want to be able to open or view each of the items, you could basically concatenate the url for your portal with the itemid using Arcade, to allow you to view the relevant item page.

0 Kudos
pbDudley
New Contributor III

Thank you for the response.  I’m away from my work computer but I believe I have version 9.3 or 9.1 but I did not know about this option; it appears a good way to get what I need so I will attempt this in the morning.  Is the item reports  an option that any user can use or is this  an admin level item?  I’ll look over the documentation you sent. But is the item report as function listed under all of the other options(web apps, dashboard, exp builder, etc) or more for administrators would use to manage the portals content?  If it is it could probably still work in my case but I will look into this method. Thank you 

0 Kudos
pbDudley
New Contributor III

I see. It appears it’s for portal 11 and not below. But I could still ask someone w admin privileges about this

0 Kudos
JoshuaSharp-Heward

If that's not an option but you have the ability to use ArcGIS Notebooks I can also recommend following the setup here: https://www.esri.com/arcgis-blog/products/arcgis-online/administration/managing-arcgis-online-conten... which should do what you're after too (+ more)

0 Kudos