Expand the print widget to the entire page, not only the map

04-20-2023 07:02 AM
Labels (2)
EviVanTornhout
New Contributor II

I made an experience with a map, tables, pictures,... and would like to be able to save this entire layout as a pdf file. The print widget only prints the map. The button widget with a link to print preview can print the entire layout, but does a very bad job, deforming the different objects, only showing half the map and pictures,...

It would be nice to be able to expand the print widget to the entire layout. My experience shows all this information aside from the map, it seems obvious I would also like to print this, and not only my map.

2 Comments
RyanBohan

Yes!  It would be amazing to be able to configure an entire Exb page for printing.  Charts, table, Feature Info (ie pop-up), organizational branding, and sure maybe the map.

I have been using Instant apps, for the applications that require pop-up printing/exporting to pdf.  The pop-up in this application is pulling from about 60 layers.  

• The data being displayed is so much more than what is on the map.  Sure, you can export the 60 attribute tables, but that will not include the on-the-fly intersections calculated in arcade and shown in the pop-up. 

Hopefully similar functionality will come to Experience Builder soon.

RutgerDeKoning

Yes, definitely useful. We need to be able to print the entire 'report' coming from the app, as evidence and documentation. It is exactly the combination of map with related content (graphs, tables, ...) that make the Web Experiences so powerful, yet now we can also show it, but not print/ document it.