Add Conditional Toggle to Map Layers Widget - (Solved)

10-30-2023 09:54 AM
Labels (1)
JamesPoeschel
Occasional Contributor

I would love for the ability to assign certain layers a conditional toggle option where only one of the layers with the condition can be visible at a time. 

Essentially, when clicking one layer to be visible, another layer is made hidden automatically. 

In the context of my workflow, I have many demographic variables as layers stacked on top of one another. They share the same extent so when two are toggled as visible, the layer below is hidden. The viewer of the app must turn off visibility of the top layer in order to view the bottom layer. If this were to be automatic for select fields, I believe it would prove to be more user-friendly experience. The function should be 'conditional' so certain layers like a study area can be visible constantly. 

Here is a screenshot of an app with a study area and several demographic data layers. As of now if a user selects the "Population and Age", nothing will happen since it will be perfectly underneath the currently visible mhhi layer. They would have to toggle off that layer first to view the layer beneath it. However, if there was an option for me on the backend to configure these 4 demographic layers to have only 1 be viewable at once, that would be very neat.

JamesPoeschel_3-1698684281997.png

2 Comments
JamesPoeschel

@JeffreyThompson2 

Thank you so much. That's exactly what I needed.