Select to view content in your preferred language

What's New in ArcGIS Experience Builder (February 2023)

02-28-2023 08:59 AM
Labels (1)
Jianxia
Esri Regular Contributor
3 9 1,550

The Add Data widget, one of mostly asked widgets in the community, has been added in this ArcGIS Online release. In addition, you now can choose which layers display in the Map Layers widget like you did in Web AppBuilder's Layer List widget. Check the ArcGIS Blog post for more improvements on Business Analyst, Elevation Profile, Chart, 3D Toolbox, Grid, and Templates. Cheers

Add Data.gif

9 Comments
DavidOutrata
New Contributor II

Hello,

I want to report a bug in recently added function "Customize Layers". It simply does not work as designed. For example in our app I want to hide text "Index nabývající hodnot 0 až 1" under every layer, but I am unable to achieve that. I unchecked them in ExB editor, however in Preview they remains visible. In Live view it sometimes works good, sometimes does not. In Preview and published result it is always wrong. 

Can it please be corrected? Thanks

editor:

DavidOutrata_1-1677679645042.png

Preview / published item:

DavidOutrata_2-1677679745077.png

Jianxia
Esri Regular Contributor

@DavidOutrata , Thanks for letting us know. cc to @TonghuiMing 

BenjaminMittler1
New Contributor II

HI @Jianxia ,

Are there any plans to allow curated data within the "Add Data" widget? This was available within webapp builder and was our organizations primary use of this widget.

Or maybe this functionality already exists and I overlooked it?

Jianxia
Esri Regular Contributor

@BenjaminMittler1 , Thanks for bringing this up. The initial release of the widget does not have the option for curated data. We plan to add it in. 

TonghuiMing
Esri Regular Contributor

@DavidOutrata Thanks for brining this issue up with a sample data. We will take a look at it.

TonghuiMing
Esri Regular Contributor

@DavidOutrata The May Layers issue mentioned above has been fixed. You can try it again.

Note two things:

1. If you have already created a widget with this feature, you might see some issues. The solution is to create a new widget and start from scratch;

2. There might be certain layers that will not show in settings, but at runtime, for example:

TonghuiMing_0-1677810430556.png

This is because, in map layers, we do not support the raster layer type currently.

BlairMcclenathan
New Contributor III

In regards to the edit widget: I'm having an issue where attachments are not able to be added to a feature table when editing through the widget. Is this intentional? I could have sworn this was possible previously.Point FeaturePoint FeatureTableTable

HennieDeurhof
New Contributor III

Will the option to refer to a group in the Add Data widget be implemented?

HennieDeurhof_0-1678268153065.png

That is essential for our use of the widget, this way we provide a currated list of layers for the general public.

erica_poisson
Regular Contributor

Hi @Jianxia -

I was very excited to see the Add Data widget is finally available within Experience Builder. This has allowed me to begin the migration of a public Web App Builder app into Experience Builder (this widget is critical to app functionality). However, I noticed that "curated content" was missing from the ExB version of “Add Data” widget.

In WAB I can do this:

erica_poisson_0-1678720576056.png

I would really like to be able to do this in ExB but do not see how it is possible. For public-facing applications, this is a powerful way to steer users towards authoritative content. In the new Add Data widget with Experience Builder, I do not think a member of the public would have an easy time finding or adding authoritative data into the map. IMO allowing for curated content will result in a much better user experience.

Is there a timeline for when we can expect this functionality to be added?

Thank you,

About the Author
Product Manager for ArcGIS Experience Builder and ArcGIS Web Appbuilder. She likes camping and hiking.