What's Coming In September

08-31-2021 10:29 AM
Labels (2)
Jianxia
Esri Regular Contributor
12 13 2,412

A sneak peak at new features in the upcoming September update. 

2021-08-31_10-21-43.png

Cheers,

13 Comments
CourtneyMenikheim
Occasional Contributor

Very excited to explore the charting enhancements and play around with those!

ClayDonaldsonSWCA
Occasional Contributor II

Looking forward to enhanced editing capabilities!

BrittanyBurson
Occasional Contributor III

Love these update posts and super excited for enhanced editing and search. Thank you for sharing, Jianxia and team.

RyanBohan

Thank you for the update Jianxia,  always great to know what enhancements are coming soon.

Jianxia
Esri Regular Contributor

Thank you all for your encouragements! We will post the upcoming features for each release, so you plan your projects accordingly. 

TanGnar
Occasional Contributor

Thanks, looking forward to the Search widget especially! 

Is there a date for the release? I can't find it (though I'm not in a huge rush, just curious). 

DaveFullerton

From an email on Sept. 7:

"On September 21, from 5:00 p.m. to midnight (PDT), we plan to update ArcGIS Online. Please note that all planned updates are subject to change. Our What's New email, blog article, and documentation will provide a comprehensive list of enhancements."

BrittanyBurson

Always exciting to see an update with new features! Very excited about the new Search widget.

As of this morning after the update, we are seeing a change in the behavior of SAML authentication in Experience Builder (for us, using collaboration with Portal). See this post

BrittanyBurson_0-1632328231523.png

If anyone on the ExB team has suggestions or ideas, please share, as it has broken our app for the time being.

Thank you as always!

Update 09/22/21: seems like a bug, possibly only with Okta SAML deployments. Hopefully fixed soon! Thank you as always to Jianxia and her ExB team for being so active in the Esri Community.

Jianxia
Esri Regular Contributor

@BrittanyBurson - thanks for letting us know. We are looking into it and will keep you updated.

TanGnar
Occasional Contributor

Search widget is working well, thank you! 

One small thing I noticed is a layout issue with the tools on the map. Some map tool buttons don't have proper margin and are docked at the top of the map, instead of slightly below. See the screenshot below. This seems to only be an issue in mobile view. Thanks!

TanGnar_0-1632416782320.png

RyanBohan

Really liking the look and feel of the new Edit (beta) widget.  Fully understand it's in beta.  Is there a way to switch the map to the selection tool when the editor is engaged? 

With the default mouse pointer I am getting mixed results when clicking on point features, it seems the selections tools does a much better job.

Jianxia
Esri Regular Contributor

@RyanBohan, you can use the Select tool on the map to select a feature for editing. As you point out, you have to manually click the select tool to enable it though currently. 

RyanBohan

Thank you @Jianxia,  I have noticed the selection tool does a much better job on selected features and would like some way to configure it by default to help with user experience.  

My worry is if a user simply clicks on the map, they may miss the underlyingly features.

About the Author
Product Manager for ArcGIS Experience Builder and ArcGIS Web Appbuilder. She likes camping and hiking.