Select to view content in your preferred language

What's Coming in Experience Builder in ArcGIS Online June 2024

05-29-2024 10:43 AM
Labels (1)
Jianxia
Esri Regular Contributor
9 29 3,696

Check out a sneak peek of upcoming new features in Experience Builder in ArcGIS Online June release. More capabilities are migrated from Web AppBuilder to Experience Builder. In addition, you can use Google Analytics to track the app usage.

Jianxia_0-1717004980942.png

29 Comments
SteveCole
Honored Contributor

But results generated from the Near Me widget (or any of the analysis widgets TBH) still can't be printed/exported to PDF? The long wait continues..

dmoss4real
Occasional Explorer

@Jianxia will you able send a parcel number via the URL to select and zoom to on the map? Thanks.

Jianxia
Esri Regular Contributor

@SteveCole, it is planned for the October release. Thanks for being patient with us.

Jianxia
Esri Regular Contributor

@dmoss4real, you can only select and zoom to one feature through URL parameters based on attributes in the June release. More is on the way.

ChristopherCounsell
MVP Regular Contributor

Survey123 reporting widget will be great!

GuyWeerasingheAFF
Occasional Contributor

Great to see this - when will batch edits become an availability?

Add batch edit widget to experience builder - Page 5 - Esri Community

Jianxia
Esri Regular Contributor

@GuyWeerasingheAFF, thanks for sharing the idea link. We are working closely with teams involved to bring it over asap.

WilliamBarker2
Occasional Explorer

@Jianxia Regarding custom URL parameters, are you confirming that we will be able to use the data select parameter (data_s) to not only highlight the feature, but also pan and zoom to its extents? When should we be expecting this June update (if it has not already released)?

DanCopKac
Regular Contributor

Great news. When will this be released in Enterprise? 

Jianxia
Esri Regular Contributor

@WilliamBarker2, by default, the select data url parameter pans to the feature. In the June release, you will be able to zoom to the feature with a new zoom_to_selection parameter. However, this new parameter only works when you select a single feature by ID. We will enhance it ito work with the rest of selection scenarios in the Q4 release.

Jianxia
Esri Regular Contributor

@DanCopKac, features in the June release of ArcGIS Online will be included in ArcGIS Enterprise 11.4, planned to be available in November 2024.

abhassan
Emerging Contributor

Experience Builder Custom Widget - Upload CAD File DWG 

KaraUtter2
Regular Contributor

@Jianxia is there a resource page on what URL parameters are available and how to build them properly?

I am also having a hard time finding resource pages on the simple expressions that can be formulated from the dynamic text expressions tab. 

JoabelBarbieri
Frequent Contributor

I second @KaraUtter2 message. URL parameters are way harder in ExB than WAB and there's almost no useful help or resources. I can't do what I need to do and was able to do in Wab and it's quite frustrating! Zoom to a set of coordinates via url parameters should be simple!!!!

abhassan
Emerging Contributor

@Jianxia Can you please help me on how to create the custom widget for Experience Builder - Upload the CAD .dwg file

Kbray_gis_
Occasional Contributor

@Jianxia This is great to see, looking forward to seeing the updates come through, will snapping be included in the measurement widget as well?

Kind regards

Keiran

AlbrechtDylan
Emerging Contributor

Feature selection for the feature info widget is no longer centered. I couldn't find any information about this change with the update notes and am looking for a way to revert it. Any suggestions or similar experiences?

GrantWilcox
Occasional Contributor

@Jianxia  I am trying to use URL parameters to zoom to selected feature in Experience which was supposed to be in June release. I am being told by support that "we do not have the functionality to zoom in using URL parameters. Even the enhancement status is still under consideration." Can you clarify whether this update has been made and, if so, how do you write the URL?

WilliamBarker2
Occasional Explorer

@GrantWilcox I found the way to get the zoom function to work. It can be found here in the map widget page: https://doc.arcgis.com/en/experience-builder/latest/configure-widgets/map-widget.htm

This is my template that works - 

https://experience.arcgis.com/experience/<itemID>/Page/?views=MyView#data_s=id%3A<MyDataID>%3A<Object ID>&zoom_to_selection=true

As far as I understand, you can't use your other fields and do the zoom_to_selection, only the ID field. Maybe @Jianxia can confirm that 100%.

GrantWilcox
Occasional Contributor

@WilliamBarker2 - That's the ticket. Thanks so much! I tried to add '&zoom_to_selection' to my URL but did not add the '=true'.

You should work for ESRI Support because they have been telling me all morning that it wasn't implemented. 

Jianxia
Esri Regular Contributor

@WilliamBarker2 and @GrantWilcox, thanks for figuring it out. Here is a sample app with zoom to feature url parameter. We just informed Support about this parameter. Will update the Use URL parameters document.

https://experience.arcgis.com/experience/a02baca66ea94827a3263fed50022ad2/#data_s=id%3AdataSource_2-...

There are 4 cases for selection. Only the first case is supported with the new zoom_to_selection=true parameter. We will add the rest of them in the next release. Thanks for being patient with us.

1. Select by ID - single record
  2. Select by ID - multiple records 
  3. Select by WHERE 
  4. Select by geometry
Jianxia
Esri Regular Contributor

@AlbrechtDylan , this seems a regression from the June release. Could you provide a reproducible sample or contact Esri Support?

Jianxia
Esri Regular Contributor

@KaraUtter2, see  Use URL parameters and Manage URL status.

@JoabelBarbieri , ability to add markers with coordinates URL parameter is not available yet. We will be working on it.

barryguidry1
Emerging Contributor

Jianxia,

can you please view my video below, and let me know if the reason I am required to enter the address twice in the Get Directions option of the Near Me widget is a known issue? - Thank you.

https://youtu.be/eTeSsOXFGI8

Barry

AlbrechtDylan
Emerging Contributor

@Jianxia

here’s a screenshot ($h*t Rental Radar) showing Feature Selection for the Feature Info widget now left-aligned, whereas it was previously centered. The Title element has also become left-aligned. I was able to center the title (address) by moving it into Content, but there are no options available to adjust the position of Feature Selection.

featureSelectionLeftAligned.png

Any ideas or is this something I could bring up with customer support?

Thank you!

Dylan

AzizaParveen1
Esri Contributor

Hi @barryguidry1,

You are using query widget in your app. Near Me supports direction when direction widget is configured in the app and you have point  data.  The action is called Route, you don't need to enter your address twice if you get direction from Near Me.

AzizaParveen1_0-1719611396470.png

Jianxia
Esri Regular Contributor

@AlbrechtDylan, thanks for sharing. The left-aligned feature navigation is by design. In this release, Feature Info widget is refactored to display features from multiple layers. Given the need for the layer navigation on the right, the feature navigation is now left-aligned as shown below.

Jianxia_0-1719619085389.png

Jianxia
Esri Regular Contributor

@Kbray_gis_ , Measurement widget uses snapping by default. See the widget document.

Kbray_gis_
Occasional Contributor

@Jianxia Works a treat!

About the Author
Product Manager for ArcGIS Experience Builder and ArcGIS Web Appbuilder. She likes camping and hiking.