Select to view content in your preferred language

Create Excalibur Project

Jump to solution
06-24-2024 02:59 AM
NguyenBichHue
Occasional Contributor

Hi everyone,

I create a mosaic dataset in an Enterprise Geodatabase, then public as image service into Portal for ArcGIS. In ArcGIS Excalibur, I seach this service then create an Excalibur Project.

Then, I conduct synchronize some new imageries from ArcGIS Pro through this mosaic dataset. I relize this image service in Portal for ArcGIS is sychronized new imageries. However when I check in Excalibur Project, it is seem that this service is not update (synchronize new data).

If the service in Excalibur Project can be syn new data?

Please help! Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TomMerhige
Esri Contributor

Hey @NguyenBichHue ,

Thank you for reaching out! Based on how you mentioned that you searched the service, I am wondering if you created a project from the Search and Discover page using only selected images from the service that you ran a search against, and not the full image service. If this is the case, then it is expected that your project is not updating with the synchronized/referenced data since the full image service is not being used in the project. Can you please confirm if the project is using the full image service or just selected images?

If you are using the full service and this issue is still happening, have you tried exiting the project and re-opening it or refreshing the page?

Please let me know! Thanks.

-Tom

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
TomMerhige
Esri Contributor

Hey @NguyenBichHue ,

Thank you for reaching out! Based on how you mentioned that you searched the service, I am wondering if you created a project from the Search and Discover page using only selected images from the service that you ran a search against, and not the full image service. If this is the case, then it is expected that your project is not updating with the synchronized/referenced data since the full image service is not being used in the project. Can you please confirm if the project is using the full image service or just selected images?

If you are using the full service and this issue is still happening, have you tried exiting the project and re-opening it or refreshing the page?

Please let me know! Thanks.

-Tom

0 Kudos
NguyenBichHue
Occasional Contributor

Dear Tom,

Thank you so much for your feedback. I would like to describe more details about my workflow as below:

1. Create Mosaic Dataset in Enterprise Geodabase, and Add Raster includes 5 imageries, then sharing as image services into Portal for ArcGIS.

2. In ArcGIS Excalibur, I search this services and select all data to create Excalibur Project, it means that there have 5 imageries in one region for the Excalibur Project.

3. In ArcGIS Pro, I conduct synchronize 2 new imageries into the Mosaic Dataset in Enterprise Geodabase, then check the image services in Portal, it already add 2 new imageries. The image service now have 7 imageries.

4. I check the Excalibur Project and hope the number of imageries in Excalibur Project will be update automatically, but it is not. There still have 5 imageries.

5. If we have more imageries in the same region (area), we can synchronize the data in Mosaic dataset as well as image service in Portal, but Excalibur Project can not synchronize the services. Therefore, what should I do if I do not want to create the second Excalibur Project with new image service but still in the same region?

Please share me some advices! Thanks.

Hue

0 Kudos
TomMerhige
Esri Contributor

Thank you for this information. It sounds like the Excalibur Project is not updating with the 2 new images since, to my understanding, you created the project in the Search and Discover page after selecting the original 5 images. This would be expected behavior since you created a project from select images.

You can try going to the Analysis Layers page in Excalibur, clicking View on the Image Service you are using, and seeing if that has the updated imagery in it. If so, you can create a new project using the full service instead of the selected images. 

Please let me know if this helps!

0 Kudos
NguyenBichHue
Occasional Contributor

Dear Tom, 

Thank you so much for your helps! I already checked in the Map Viewer and Analysis Excalibur, the image service is updated. As your guide, I understand that we can not synchronize data with image services in Excalibur Project and we need to create another Excalibur Project with the new update data after synchronizing.

Thanks!

Hue

0 Kudos