Sync ArcGIS Earth to ArcGIS Pro

03-26-2020 01:30 PM
JeffBishop
New Contributor III

Jasmine Du‌, have you thought of a feature to sync the view in ArcGIS Earth to ArcGIS Pro and vice versa? 

This was a popular 3rd party addin for many years in ArcMap to Sync ArcMap to Google Earth. 

0 Kudos
4 Replies
JasmineDu
Esri Contributor

Hi Jeff,

Here it is! https://community.esri.com/groups/arcgis-earth/blog/2017/09/12/arcgis-earth-automation-api-is-here Do give it a try and let me know if there is any room for improvement. 

Best,

Jasmine

0 Kudos
JeffBishop
New Contributor III

Thank you! Unfortunately I do not have Admin rights to make the required change to the JSON file to enable the API in ArcGIS Earth. 

Will this functionality make it into a PROD build of the product? I think it will be popular. Alternatively, you can just autoenable the API with the simple change in the installation package. This is a better solution as otherwise IT will have to make these changes to EVERY user whom wants the feature in an organization like mine that does not provide Admin rights to users. 

Thoughts? 

Thanks

0 Kudos
JeffBishop
New Contributor III

Jasmine Du‌ Just following up on my question. 

0 Kudos
JasmineDu
Esri Contributor

Hi Jeff,

Sorry about late response. Yes we are weighing between the option to configure in JSON file, or from setting panel. The feature should be ready by this year. Stay tuned!

Best,

Jasmine