Setting symbology in ArcGIS Earth

04-02-2019 02:08 AM
MalikThrane1
New Contributor III

Hi,

I am trying to set up ArcGIS Earth to visualize some vectordata in ArcGIS Earth, version 1.8 and 1.9, the same way as in ArcMap. See the two attached screenshots.

But this does not seem possible. I also tried exporting .lyr files and load those, but these are not supported.

The same issue is with raster data, eg. DEMs, where I cannot categorize data in groups, 0-100 m, 100-200 m..

Will it be possible in future version of ArcGIS Earth, to better customize the symbology of data?

Best regards

Malik

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Mandy_Li
Esri Contributor

Hi Malik,

Yes, symbology capability is currently at design and development stage, and will soon be available around Q3 2019 on the next release (i.e. version 1.10) of ArcGIS Earth. Basic symbology rendering for feature layer, graphics, and raster layer are planned to be supported.

Thank you!

Mandy

MalikThrane1
New Contributor III

Thanks for the fast reply Mandy, sounds good.

Have a nice day!

Malik

Fra: Xiaoxu Li <geonet@esri.com>

Sendt: Tuesday, April 2, 2019 8:02 PM

Til: Malik Thrane <mathr@sdfe.dk>

Emne: Re: - Re: Setting symbology in ArcGIS Earth

GeoNet <https://community.esri.com/?et=watches.email.thread>

Re: Setting symbology in ArcGIS Earth

reply from Xiaoxu Li<https://community.esri.com/people/Xiaoxu_Li-esristaff?et=watches.email.thread> in ArcGIS Earth - View the full discussion<https://community.esri.com/message/842849-re-setting-symbology-in-arcgis-earth?commentID=842849&et=watches.email.thread#comment-842849>

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Mandy,

As a former ESRI employee, I know I shouldn't ask...but what's the release date for 1.10? I have several field inspectors I'm trying to move off of old Delorme XMap 7 software, and I would love to use ArcGIS Earth - if I could only symbolize our added layers. Knowing a timeframe for 1.10 would be very helpful.

Thanks!

Barry

Mandy_Li
Esri Contributor

Hi Barry,

Glad to hear your intention of migrating to ArcGIS Earth at your work. The planned release date for ArcGIS Earth Desktop 1.10 is late October this year. In which, Single symbol and Dictionary methods are included to symbolize feature layers/services. 

Thanks,

Mandy

deleted-user-oakGQEffnSqN
New Contributor II

Hello Xiaoxu,

Am I correct in assuming that the new release will include showing labels?

Thanks,

Joseph

0 Kudos
Mandy_Li
Esri Contributor

Unfortunately, this will not be included this time but planned for a future release.

XuewenZhang
Esri Contributor

Hi Barry and Malik Thrane‌,

ArcGIS Earth 1.10 is released, you can download it on the ArcGIS Earth product page: ArcGIS Earth | Understand Spatial Information with World Maps 

Thanks,

Xuewen

JeffBishop
New Contributor III

I see you cannot change the symbology of a KMZ. You can go into each object one by one, but not at the folder/group level. This is yet another feature GE Pro has that ArcGIS Earth does not. Can we expect to see this soon? I have for example a KMZ of 300+ points and need to be able to change the symbology of this group of points. 

0 Kudos