ArcGIS Earth crashing on startup after install

09-26-2021 08:18 PM
IsaiahBertrang
New Contributor

Hello all, I recently installed ArcGIS Earth on my Win10 desktop. When I go to start it up it crashes before opening the program. I've tried running as administrator also with no sucess. Any suggestions on how to fix?

0 Kudos
7 Replies
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Please check if your system meets the system requirment.

Ensure the graphic card of your system is updated.

Also delete the content inside C:\Users\<UserID>\Documents\ESRI\ArcGISEarth , as suggested in ArcGIS Earth crashing

Check if the antivirus is causing the issue.

Think Location
0 Kudos
IsaiahBertrang
New Contributor

My system does meet the system requirements and graphic card is up to date.

Once I get to documents there are 2 folder "ArcGISEarth" and "ArcGIS Earth 1.13" which one do I go into?

ArcGIS Earth 1.13 has setup.exe & a folder named setup files which has abunch of other files

ArcGISEarth has 2 folders Automation & workspace

0 Kudos
YongweiKang
Esri Contributor

It's the ArcGISEarth folder. Clear it can avoid the crash caused by user data. But please make sure there is no important data in the workspace directory, such as my drawings. Otherwise, please backup it.

0 Kudos
IsaiahBertrang
New Contributor

Ok. I deleted the 2 folders inside the ArcGISEarth folder and attempted to start the ArcGIS Earth. It crashed during startup again.

0 Kudos
YongweiKang
Esri Contributor

What is your computer’s graphic card?

Have you ever successfully run an earlier version of ArcGIS Earth on this system?

You can check the log files inside C:\Users\[UserID]\AppData\Roaming\ESRI\ArcGISEarth\logs to see is there any useful information.

0 Kudos
IsaiahBertrang
New Contributor

My computer graphics card is Intel(R) Q45/Q43 Express Chipset (Microsoft Corporation - WDDM 1.1)

I've never run ArcGIS Earth or any ESRI product before. This is the first time I've downloaded ArcGIS Earth.

Logs showed that it crashed once loading resources started.

0 Kudos
YongweiKang
Esri Contributor

Hi @IsaiahBertrang

It seems your graphics card is a little old and Earth does not support it. Since Earth is a 3D application, you'd better use a discrete graphics card, e.g. NVIDIA. You can refer to hardware requirements.

Best,
Yongwei
0 Kudos