Transfer licence not under maintenance to new computer

11-13-2014 07:13 AM
SébastienMartin
New Contributor III

Hi,

I wonder if I can transfer a single-use ArcGIS 10.2 licence to a new computer, if I have no maintenance on the licence.

Second question: I bought the licence on ArcGIS 10.0, and I paid for maintenance until it's on version 10.2.

Now that I have no maintenance, when I transfer the licence to a new computer, can I reinstall 10.2, or I have to go back to the original version on the DVD (10.0).

Thanks.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus

You should verify what I'm about to say with your ESRI customer rep:

1) You need to go to your customer portal and deactivate the current 10.2 license, making it available once again.

2) How did you install 10.2 on the machine you are about to replace?  Use the same method, then register it with the license you made available in step 1.

Again, you need to verify this with ESRI; you should call them before deactivating anything.

That should just about do it....
0 Kudos
SébastienMartin
New Contributor III

My question was more about the impact of terminating maintenance of the licence on the transferability.

I will call ESRI to be sure.

AndySmith
Esri Contributor

Hi Martin,

1. Yes you can transfer the license if you have no maintenance. It is your license, so you may move it around as you wish (complying with the licensing T&Cs). Just follow the normal process of de-authorizing the license, and then re-authorizing.

2. If you purchased the license at 10.0, and were in maintenance up to 10.2, you will continue to have access to all versions up to 10.2 (the point at which your maintenance expired). You may therefore install 10.2 even if you no longer have maintenance.