Select to view content in your preferred language

Stuck in a loop with EVA installation of ArcGIS Pro

09-17-2017 07:50 AM
WolfangoChiappella
New Contributor

Okay, I've installed (on Win10 on Mac Parallels) ArcGIS Pro (2017) correctly, I activated my EVA code (from Getting to Know ArcGIS Fourth Edition) here. Then start ArcGIS Pro sign in into my account I get the following error message:

This account does not have an ArcGIS Pro Named User licence assigned.

Named User licenses are managed using the ArcGIS organization website. If you are a member of an ArcGIS organization or trial user, contact your organization administrator to assign a license to your username. Public accounts cannot authorize ArcGIS Pro.

(attachment-1)

I click OK and a license Configure Authorization windows opens up. As explained in the following email:

Please follow the steps below to download and install ArcGIS 10.5.1 for Desktop.

If you do not currently have an earlier version of ArcGIS installed on your machine, proceed to step 2.

If you have ArcGIS version 10.1 or later installed, you do not need to uninstall it before installing version 10.5.1; the ArcGIS setup package will detect and upgrade your ArcGIS for Desktop software. If you have ArcGIS version 10.0 or earlier installed, please uninstall it using the Uninstall Utility (download below) before installing ArcGIS 10.5.1.
Download ArcGIS for Desktop, Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5, and the other files you would like to install. Please note that ArcGIS Data Interoperability, ArcGIS Data Reviewer, and ArcGIS Workflow Manager require ArcGIS for Desktop.
When downloading with the Esri Download Manager, you can select and download multiple products. However, only one product should be launched at a time when the downloads are complete.
Make sure you have write access to your download directory location as well as your ArcGIS installation directory location, and that no one is accessing it.
Install the Microsoft .Net Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 below.
Install and authorize ArcGIS for Desktop
Select a destination folder to extract the install files to. If you choose, you can automatically launch the setup after the files have been extracted
When prompted, select ArcGIS for Desktop Advanced Single Use.
When prompted, accept the default, I do not wish to authorize any extensions at this time. The extensions will be authorized automatically.
Enter your authorization number: EVAxxxxxxxxx.
Please save this e-mail for future reference.

Thank you,
The ArcGIS Team

(attachment-2)

I do exactly that and everything seems to work (I tried several times) and get the following warning:

All requested features have already been authorized on this machine. (attachment-3)

I click OK > Finish and then OK again and keep getting the following error message:

You are not authorized for ArcGIS Pro Advanced single use. Please choose another core level or authorize an ArcGIS Pro Advanced single use. (attachment-4)

I'm going around in circles and I've no idea what else to do. To make it even more puzzling I can access and use ArcGIS Online. Please help! I really need this to work for my MSc in Earth Science starting in October 2017. I am planning to get a student edition after this 180 days one lapses.

Best wishes,

Wolf

0 Kudos
4 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

If you are a member of an academic institution who has an Arc* educational license, contact them for licensing issues.  They will be faster at resolving issues and getting you to 'join' their 'organization' to facilitate downloading of the software and allocation of licenses.  But you said you got it through a 'book'... we never use the text licensing option here.

0 Kudos
WolfangoChiappella
New Contributor

Hi Dan, thank you for your suggestion. I'm sorry but I really don't understand what you mean by "we never use the text licensing here". Could you please clarify?

I have bought the very expensive book "Getting to Know ArcGIS Fourth Edition" which comes with a 180 days trial which I would like to use. Then when I start my MSc I will find out if my institution does provide Arc* products. At the moment the main issue is that I'm stuck in a loop where the software does not work (as explained in my first post).

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

If our students choose to buy the book, they don't use the eval copy with the book, they use the universities site license.  You should contact whomever it says to in the book if you have issues and secondly, contact the institution that you are going to, to see if they have a license.  The latter won't solve your immediate problem

0 Kudos
XanderBakker
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Recently Esri has published a comprehensive document on downloading, installing, and licensing ArcGIS Pro:

http://www.esri.com/library/brochures/getting-started-with-arcgis-pro.pdf