ArcGIS Desktop 10.6.1 - RuntimeLocalServer & Virus

08-08-2018 10:42 AM
deleted-user-ODC8bwrs9M0e
New Contributor

I upgraded to ArcGIS Desktop 10.6.1 from 10.6. After installation I have been getting the error "RuntimeLocalServer.exe has stopped working" (photo below). I researched the error and checked my Geoprocessing Option Settings. The "Enable" box was checked (photo below). The only work around I have is to uncheck it for now and only process one item at a time, not a viable long term solution. Any suggestions? 

Also, after updating to 10.6.1, my company McAfee software is picking up numerous Arc files as a trojan virus. Anyone else have this, have a solution?

0 Kudos
10 Replies
LaureneKoman
Occasional Contributor III

Can you please widen the column so I can see the file names?   thanks 

0 Kudos
deleted-user-ODC8bwrs9M0e
New Contributor

McAfee virus scan

0 Kudos
JessicaHammond2
New Contributor II

We got similar virus scan alerts:

0 Kudos
LaureneKoman

Jessica, are you running 10.6.1 also?  Can you please locate one of these files in the folder specified, right click on it, go to Properties then Details and reply with the File Version for one of these files? 

Thanks

0 Kudos
JessicaHammond2
New Contributor II

Hi Laurene, Thanks for the reply. I'm still on 10.6. The problem files keep getting deleted when I click on them, but here's a screenshot from a similar file. It says it's version 10.6.0.8321

Thank you!

0 Kudos
LaureneKoman
JessicaHammond2
New Contributor II

Great! Thank you!

0 Kudos
JimMcKinney
Esri Contributor

Hello,

Also as of today, McAfee has whitelisted this resource confirming the false positive we posted.

Jim

0 Kudos
ErnestDunwoody
New Contributor III

Has anyone got an answer to the original question/ It is about how to get something useful out of ArcGIS6.1 because all processing is met with a "RuntimeLocalServer.exe3 has stopped working message"

I swear ESRI make it as painful as possible to use their software. Been the same way for all my experience with ArcGIS from 8.3 onwards.