ArcGIS crashing and unable to install 10.5.1 patch

Jump to solution
09-27-2017 11:04 AM
MarinaFisher-Phelps
New Contributor II

When I try to run a row iterator over Tabulate Area in model builder Arc GIS completely crashes. It does this on two different computers and with different data inputs. I thought perhaps I needed the 10.5.1 patch but when I try to install the patch my Windows installer states that I cannot install the patch. I have attached a picture of my model during which ArcGIS crashes and the error I get with trying to install the patch. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
LaureneKoman
Occasional Contributor III

Access to the full software releases are available through your MyEsri site.

When a release is available, the organization's maintenance contact receives an email announcement. Access to downloads from My Esri is managed by this contact.

To install a component, sign into My Esri and click the download link on the site. This link will download a self extracting executable file for installation. After the download completes, you have the option of starting the setup immediately or running it manually. To run the setup manually, browse to the downloaded folder containing the setup and run setup.exe.

View solution in original post

8 Replies
LaureneKoman

Hello

The following information will help me troubleshoot your inability to run the patch.

1. Which patch are you running?

2. Can you please post a screenshot of your Add/Remove Programs dialog where ArcGIS Desktop is in the list?

Thanks

Laurene Koman

ArcGIS Installation Team

0 Kudos
MarinaFisher-Phelps
New Contributor II

I was trying to see if installing the ArcGIS Data Reviewer 10.5.1 patch would solve the crashing problem. I have attached what I think you requested? I appreciate the help. 

0 Kudos
LaureneKoman

You have ArcGIS Desktop 10.5 installed - the patch can only install with ArcGIS Desktop 10.5.1.

0 Kudos
MarinaFisher-Phelps
New Contributor II

Can you explain how I can update to 10.5.1? If you think that would solve my crashing problem?

0 Kudos
LaureneKoman

Access to the full software releases are available through your MyEsri site.

When a release is available, the organization's maintenance contact receives an email announcement. Access to downloads from My Esri is managed by this contact.

To install a component, sign into My Esri and click the download link on the site. This link will download a self extracting executable file for installation. After the download completes, you have the option of starting the setup immediately or running it manually. To run the setup manually, browse to the downloaded folder containing the setup and run setup.exe.

MarinaFisher-Phelps
New Contributor II

If I am using ArcGIS on a work computer I am assuming that this is something my IT department has to do?

0 Kudos
MarinaFisher-Phelps
New Contributor II

Also if I cannot upgrade to 10.5.1 how am I to solve my crashing problem?

0 Kudos
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

The patch is for Data Reviewer (extension of ArcGIS). I don't think updating the patch would help.

At what point in the model's workflow, does it crash?

Ensure that the data path of both inputs and outputs are short (< 255 characters , i.e., path + filename), and don't have special characters and spaces (except underscore).

It would be wise to contact the Esri Tech Support. They can work closely with you to resolve the issue.

Think Location