Topographic North Arrow: Change Size

Jump to solution
06-26-2021 03:14 AM
Rowan
by
New Contributor II

Hello,

I am doing some work creating a template that uses the Topographic North Arrow.

One issue that I'm having is modifying the size.

I can modify everything else that I need without converting it to graphics except the size.

Is there a way to modify the size of the North Arrow without converting it to Graphics?

Thanks,

Rowan

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Bo_King
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Rowan

Thanks for your idea.  We are already planning to allow resizing of  the Topo elements in an upcoming release.  Currently the elements insert at the sizes defined in the related map specifications.   We will add a note to the documentation to clarify this functionality.  

Cheers,

Bo 

View solution in original post

6 Replies
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

many properties can be changed, size isn't mentioned

Add the topographic north arrow—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
Rowan
by
New Contributor II

Yes, I read the documentation and that was helpful as it allowed me to turn off the rounding of the DMS. But as you said there is no mention of size change, which I feel is an oversight. I'll lodge it an an 'Idea'.

0 Kudos
Rowan
by
New Contributor II
0 Kudos
Bo_King
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Rowan

Thanks for your idea.  We are already planning to allow resizing of  the Topo elements in an upcoming release.  Currently the elements insert at the sizes defined in the related map specifications.   We will add a note to the documentation to clarify this functionality.  

Cheers,

Bo 

Rowan
by
New Contributor II

Thanks Bo,

I was aware it was specification based, but as you can modify almost every other property of the North Arrow the size felt like an oversight.

Looking forward to seeing it in the update. It will help with some of our custom map templates. 

DanHopkins
Esri Contributor

Hi Rowan,

My name is Dan. I work with Bo King.

You will be able to resize the TM, ICM, and Topo North arrows at ArcGIS Pro 3.2.

On the Element pane, on the Options tab, you will see a check box called Draw to specification. When not enabled, you will be able to resize the element.

Regards,

Dan