Setting up the Data Reviewer Workspace on an enterprise geodatabase

Jump to solution
04-29-2015 01:01 PM
JenniferMoczygemba
New Contributor

We are looking to set up the Data Reviewer workspace on our production SDE geodatabase in Oracle. So far, my work-group is the only one in my organization using Data Reviewer. My question is, if other work-groups within my organization decide to start using Data Reviewer, is it best practice to have all groups set up their own individual schema owners and workspace, or should they all access the same workspace and just give their Sessions a unique name, like Workgroup A, Workgroup B, etc.? That way, the DBA only has to create an Reviewer admin role and schema owner once. We ran into this problem with Workflow Manager, and found that, at least for our organization, it is better to have multiple repositories set up on a single database instance. Not sure if that's also true for Data Reviewer. Thanks in advance for any advice and  comments! Jenn

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MarceloMarques
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi,

In your case is better if you create a DR repository for each group in your organization, thus when the validation in a session is completed you can remove the session later to free space in the database and/or remove old sessions that are no longer necessary.

Please visit the page below for more recommendations and best practices.

Esri Enteprise Mapping and Charting Databases Best Practices

Thanks

Marcelo Marques | Technical  Manager, OCP | Esri

| Marcelo Marques | Principal Product Engineer | Esri |
| Cloud & Database Administrator | OCP - Oracle Certified Professional |
I work with Enterprise Geodatabases since 1997.
“ I do not fear computers. I fear the lack of them." Isaac Isimov

View solution in original post

2 Replies
MarceloMarques
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi,

In your case is better if you create a DR repository for each group in your organization, thus when the validation in a session is completed you can remove the session later to free space in the database and/or remove old sessions that are no longer necessary.

Please visit the page below for more recommendations and best practices.

Esri Enteprise Mapping and Charting Databases Best Practices

Thanks

Marcelo Marques | Technical  Manager, OCP | Esri

| Marcelo Marques | Principal Product Engineer | Esri |
| Cloud & Database Administrator | OCP - Oracle Certified Professional |
I work with Enterprise Geodatabases since 1997.
“ I do not fear computers. I fear the lack of them." Isaac Isimov
JenniferMoczygemba
New Contributor

Hi Marcelo,

Thank you much for your response and for the link. Yes, that totally makes sense.

Regards,

Jennifer

0 Kudos