How to update the attributes in Review Attributes?

08-20-2014 07:20 AM
BrettGreenfield__DNR_
Occasional Contributor II

I've been using the Review Attributes tool to ensure consistency among different records in a large shapefile.  If I were to edit a feature that contains a spelling error, that unique value still shows up in Review Attributes.  The only way I've found to get the changes to be reflected is to close down ArcMap entirely, reopen it, and begin again.  This is a very inefficient way of going through my attributes.  Is there a quicker way?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
MichelleJohnson
Esri Contributor

I was able to reproduce this issue also in 10.2.2.  Does sound like an reasonable enhancement to request for Data Reviewer.  Either add a refresh button or when the user changes/selects a field it always gets the latest values.

Unfortunately, I do not have a workaround to suggest.

BrettGreenfield__DNR_
Occasional Contributor II

Thanks for the reply Michelle.  I'm running 10.2 Service Pack 0.  I wonder if this is just a bug that's been falling through the cracks?  One would think the attributes would update automatically.

0 Kudos
MichelleJohnson
Esri Contributor

I have submitted a bug to Data Reviewer requesting a refresh functionality.  TFS bug # 65728. You won't be able to see this bug externally, but if you were to call into tech support, they should be able to use this number to look up the status if needed.

0 Kudos