Compare field in Parent Feature to Related Units

09-27-2013 10:27 AM
TimDine
Occasional Contributor II
I have a facilityid field on a point feature class.  I also have the facilityid field on one or several related units which have a relationship class defined to the parent feature.  I want to use data reviewer to compare the facilityid field on the parent to the unit and make sure they're the same.  I've been trying the table to table check, but I haven't had any luck on getting this particular combination to work.  I have reviewer working for quite a few other things, but am still learning it's functions.  Any thoughts or help would be great!

Thanks
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
TimDine
Occasional Contributor II
I am attempting to use a custom ArcFM validation rule because I can use field model names instead of hard coding field names.  It looks like a custom validation rule for the data reviewer would also work.  I may try both.
0 Kudos
MichelleJohnson
Esri Contributor
Hi timdine.

I'm not exactly sure what you are trying to find.  If it's FacilityIDs in your origin table that is not in your destination table, you would have to configure the table to table attribute check to find where the FacilityIDs are equal in the Compare Attributes dialog. And then turn on the "Not-find rows that do not match" option to find the records that do not have a match.

Sounds like you may be working with a electric dataset.  What are the features you are trying to validate?
0 Kudos