Checking Valency in ArcGIS Pro

Jump to solution
01-05-2022 12:13 PM
NickWeil
New Contributor III

I am new to Data Reviewer and have been trying to find a way to check for valency. I found a help page from Arc Map, but could not find a similar rule in Pro. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JayCary
Esri Contributor

Hi,

As of the ArcGIS Pro 2.9 release, the Valency check has not yet been migrated to ArcGIS Pro and attribute rule workflows.

The development team is in the process of re-designing this check to address discoverability, usability and performance concerns that we've received from ArcMap users. Feel free to contact me at jcary@esri.com if you would like to provide your feedback/use-cases.

In the meantime, a Valency-based rule can still be run (but not created) in ArcGIS Pro using a Batch Job that has been created in ArcMap. Here is a link to reusing ArcMap content in ArcGIS Pro.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
JayCary
Esri Contributor

Hi,

As of the ArcGIS Pro 2.9 release, the Valency check has not yet been migrated to ArcGIS Pro and attribute rule workflows.

The development team is in the process of re-designing this check to address discoverability, usability and performance concerns that we've received from ArcMap users. Feel free to contact me at jcary@esri.com if you would like to provide your feedback/use-cases.

In the meantime, a Valency-based rule can still be run (but not created) in ArcGIS Pro using a Batch Job that has been created in ArcMap. Here is a link to reusing ArcMap content in ArcGIS Pro.

JosephCarl2
New Contributor III

Hey @JayCary , is this still planned on the roadmap, we see it didn't make it to 3.0

0 Kudos
JayCary
Esri Contributor

@JosephCarl2The functionality available in the ArcMap Valency check is still on the product roadmap and under review by the team.

This would be a great opportunity for users of this check to tell us how they anticipate using it in ArcGIS Pro/ArcGIS Enterprise. For example, are utility customers (historically those who have used this check the most) planning to use this check after migration to the Utility Network.

Thanks in advance for the feedback!

0 Kudos