unable to find locations by layer when open dashboard in browser

Jump to solution
12-13-2016 11:23 PM
Amir_FaisalDaud_Ahmad1
Esri Contributor

Hi all,

I'm trying to enable the find locations feature via the webmap settings. I want to to be able to find by layer. I've done the settings and it reflects in my dashboard if i open it up in the windows application. However, if i open the browser version to view, the search can only search using the default geocoding. it is unable to search by layer i set earlier. Is this probably a bug? 

I'm using Portal for ArcGIS 10.4.1 and i've also tested this on ArcGIS Online. I want to be able to use the browser version but right now the find location cant search by layers. it only works in the native app. I've enabled 'query' to the map service. it works fine in the web map viewer and the native app.

It's just not working in the operations dashboard via browser. Anyone experiencing this? 

Thanks.

AF

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Amir_FaisalDaud_Ahmad1
Esri Contributor

I think i'm gonna answer my own question. I must have overlooked a section in the help which mentions that feature search is not supported in browser.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Amir_FaisalDaud_Ahmad1
Esri Contributor

I think i'm gonna answer my own question. I must have overlooked a section in the help which mentions that feature search is not supported in browser.