Summary Widget - Will not sum float or double numbers.

01-06-2014 06:34 AM
BenStaud
New Contributor II
I cannot get the Summary Widget to sum from a field that has a float or double data type.  However, if I use the "Selected" data source and select some records I can get the widget to sum the data that is selected.  But, if the data source is set to the non-selected version it will not sum the values in the field.  The widget also fails to sum when the data source is set to "new query results" and you run a query.  The widget works perfectly for integer data type fields.  Has anyone else had this issue?
Ben
0 Kudos
7 Replies
Kylie
by Esri Regular Contributor
Esri Regular Contributor
I'm not able to repro this issue so far. Could you share your operation view and services with me (kylie_org) and I will take a look? The easiest way is to create a group, invite kylie_org to it, and share the items with the group.
Esri Education Team
0 Kudos
BenStaud
New Contributor II
Kylie,
I added your account to our group.  Let me know if you have all the proper permissions.
Ben
0 Kudos
Kylie
Esri Regular Contributor
Looks like I am in. Which op view?
Esri Education Team
0 Kudos
BenStaud
New Contributor II
TESTING View - Trying to sum volume or weight fields from the Material Tracking feature.
Ben
0 Kudos
Kylie
Esri Regular Contributor
I can see the issue when using your data. It doesn't appear to be a Dashboard issue, as I get the same results running the query through your data's REST endpoint. I'll see if I can get more info about why that is happening.
Esri Education Team
0 Kudos
BenStaud
New Contributor II
It appears that a simple database compression was all that was needed to resolve this issue.  All statistics generated without error after the database compression was completed.
Thank you Kylie for all of your assistance with this issue!
Ben
0 Kudos
Kylie
Esri Regular Contributor
Glad you got it figured out and working!
Esri Education Team
0 Kudos