Sum Statistic not calculating correctly in Operations Dashboard web app

01-29-2018 07:33 AM
MeredithDutlinger1
New Contributor III

I am trying to use a Sum Statistic in the Indicator and Graph elements, using an Acreage field in the calculation.  I have tried two layers of the same data, one map service and one feature service hosted by ArcGIS Server 10.3. 

The Sum is incorrect; it is way over-calculated.  The Average, Min and Max statistics seem to work fine on the same data.  I've also tried other number fields in the same data with no decimals, but get the same results (overcalculating) using the Sum statistic.  Any ideas on this?  Thanks!

Tags (1)
7 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

sort the field in descending order, are there any large numbers in there that don't make sense?

sort in ascending order, are there any large negative numbers in there that don't make sense?

0 Kudos
MeredithDutlinger1
New Contributor III

Hi Dan, thanks for your reply.  No, there are no numbers that do not make sense.  There are some very small numbers (.05 acres) and some large ones (2,789 acres), but they make sense and are accurate representations of the parcels.  I can say though that the Sorting itself acts weird ... meaning it wont sort all of the records together; instead it appears to sort chunks of records together, but as you scroll down the attribute table, you will see another big (or small) number and the sorting order starts over, and then another chunk after that acts the same way.  Not sure that means anything but ... anyway!  I'm using a feature service hosted by our Server and portaled via ArcGIS Online.  Thanks for any insight!

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Your second last sentence... service, server, portaled via ArcGIS online..,.

I suspect that is the source of the problem, especially when you mention chunkiness.

I don't suppose you can work with locally stored data to see if it is your source of data that is causing the problems?

0 Kudos
MeredithDutlinger1
New Contributor III

in fact it is the trouble maker!  thanks for that suggestion ... when i create a hosted feature layer of the exact same data/symbology via AGO, the records sort just fine and the sum statistics add up correctly.  time to contact IT!  thanks again ....

0 Kudos
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

Are you using a query layer?

0 Kudos
MeredithDutlinger1
New Contributor III

hi and thanks for reaching out!  i wasn't using a query layer, no ... per Dan's advice below, i tried the same operations on a hosted feature layer and everything worked fine, including sorting and sum statistics.  must be something in the service itself ... always good to narrow things down and i appreciate your suggestion for troubleshooting!

0 Kudos
DiegoMonge_Chinchilla
New Contributor III

Hello this happening to me, must be a bug to fix
Now I have this data 14+13+24+23+21+21 and I get  95 instead of  116.

0 Kudos