Select to view content in your preferred language

Related Records display in regular pop-up but not in details pane

07-12-2024 05:26 AM
Labels (1)
CameronLacelle
Frequent Contributor

I've configured a pop-up for a dashboard our team is working on to show asset inspection details. I also added the "related records" option to also display sub-inspections related to that asset that are from a table within the feature layer (there's the layer itself and then the related table). The pop-up displays fine when clicking on the feature in mapviewer but when I add the details pane for the layer, the related records don't show up and it's just blank space.

Any ideas why this is happening? Is this a bug? Can it be fixed? Very frustrating.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

It's unfortunate, but the details panel in a Dashboard is ever-so-slightly different from what you see in the Map Viewer.

I don't know if a legitimate fix is in the works, but in the mean time, you can do a couple workarounds.

First, if you know you'll always want to see the related data, consider just adding another details, list, or table widget to your dashboard for the table, and include a filter action. Be sure to enable "show only when filtered" so that inspection information is only shown when an asset is selected.

If you don't have enough screen space for another widget and just want information added to the Details panel, you can use an Arcade popup element to walk through the related records and build a field list or text block showing whatever related information you want. It's more work that the first option, but gives you a lot more control over the end result, and keeps it all in the details pane.

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
CameronLacelle
Frequent Contributor

Well good to know that it's not consistent between the two.

For now we've settled on having a second details pane with the related table elements just stacked on the other details pane. But I am also looking into using Arcade to add this directly to the original details pane. As you mentioned, it is quite a bit of work.

Thanks for the reply,

Cameron Lacelle

City of North Bay GIS