Problem saving

09-30-2013 12:56 PM
PtomHarner
New Contributor III
I have a problem that I have not seen any other examples of - being unable to save a newly created Operations View.

I login fine, and I have not had any of the crashing problems that seem to occur somewhat frequently.
I can Create a new session just fine and add multiple widgets, but when I attempt to Save (or Save As), the application reacts like it has saved the View but it doesn't actually go through with it, with no Operations View appearing in my account.

Any ideas?
0 Kudos
13 Replies
TatianaAniskina
New Contributor II
Faced with the same thing! Any ideas how to resolve this issue? Thanks.
0 Kudos
Kylie
by Esri Regular Contributor
Esri Regular Contributor
Hi! Are you connected to ArcGIS Online or Portal for ArcGIS? What is your role (user, publisher, admin) in your ArcGIS organization? I'd like to be able to repro this here to investigate it for you.
Esri Education Team
0 Kudos
TatianaAniskina
New Contributor II
Thanks Kylie.
I'm connecting to ArcGIS Online with Administrator role.
We've also tried with Portal and in this way it works well.
0 Kudos
PtomHarner
New Contributor III
I'm connecting to AGOL as Admin as well but have not tried Portal.
0 Kudos
Kylie
Esri Regular Contributor
I just tried, and I am able to successfully save an operation view when connected to an ArcGIS Online organization as an admin.

When you say the app appears to successfully save the operation view, are you seeing the name at the top of the window? When you say you aren't seeing it in your account, are you looking for it using Operations Dashboard, or on the website for your organization?

If it is easier to email me screen shots showing what you see, please feel free to do so and I will take a look: kdonia@esri.com
Esri Education Team
0 Kudos
PtomHarner
New Contributor III
When I click Save the application "flashes" and then operates normally - no error messages, no crash etc.
But then there is no result. I can't find a file through Operations or through AGOL.
0 Kudos
enricobonansea
Occasional Contributor
same problem: no save with agol adim role in any folder.
0 Kudos
Kylie
Esri Regular Contributor
Could you try adding the line:
<defaultProxy enabled="true" useDefaultCredentials="true"/>
into your OperationsDashboard.exe.config file? Place it at the top of the <system.net> section.

Your file will have:
  <system.net>
    <defaultProxy enabled="true" useDefaultCredentials="true"/>
  �?� etc �?�

To your OperationsDashboard.exe.config file, run Operations Dashboard, and while it is running open Task Manager. In Task Manager, find OperationsDashboard (if you are on Windows 7, you need to find it in the Processes tab; on Windows 8 you can use the applications tab), right-click on it, and select �??Open File Location.�?� When that folder opens, you will see an OperationsDashboard.exe.config file. Open it in a text editor and add the line inside the <system.net> tag.
Esri Education Team
0 Kudos
PtomHarner
New Contributor III
I added that line and then Dashboard failed to open.
0 Kudos