Operations Dashboard for ArcGIS Export to PDF/CSV

04-27-2020 03:52 AM
LaurenH
New Contributor II

Good afternoon.  

I have noticed that there is no way to export data from Operations Dashboard for ArcGIS to PDF or CSV.  I have also searched the Internet and cannot find a solution for this.  Is there any way that someone can develop a custom add-in or plugin to do so?  Can someone perhaps refer me to current API documentation or resources so that we can do a custom implementation of this feature (if possible)?

Kind regards

19 Replies
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi @RobertAkroyd1,

Yes, but only for ArcGIS Online hosted feature layers.  It doesn't seem to be available for Enterprise (yet), which is where I need it.  Wonder if it will come to Enterprise?  @DerekLaw - any idea on this?

I believe this will be part of the forthcoming ArcGIS Enterprise 11 release, scheduled for Q3 of 2022. 
Hope this helps,

CameronMcKee1
New Contributor III

This definitely needs to make it to Enterprise as well.  Our users regularly ask for this functionality.  Usually all they want is a csv that they can work with.

0 Kudos
DerekLaw

Hi @CameronMcKee1

Apologies for the late reply. Unfortunately, this functionality did not make it into the ArcGIS Enterprise 11 release. FYI, for new ArcGIS Dashboard functionality in Enterprise 11, please see this help topic:

https://doc.arcgis.com/en/dashboards/11.0/reference/whats-new.htm 

I've been told the export to CSV functionality is planned for ArcGIS Enterprise 11.1. 

Hope this helps,

scuadrado
New Contributor II
Good afternoon,
It would also be very useful to be able to export from ArcGIS Dashboards to PDF / JPEG / PNG... For Power Point presentations. 
Would it be possible to implement this function?

Best regards.
0 Kudos
DerekLaw

Hi @scuadrado,

It would also be very useful to be able to export from ArcGIS Dashboards to PDF / JPEG / PNG... For Power Point presentations.

To be clear, you're asking for the ability to export a static image into MS Powerpoint? You could simply take a screen capture of the dashboard, then embed the image into ppt, no?

0 Kudos
cpbride2020
New Contributor III

I have a client that creates reports in powerpoint for their customers. I can configure a Dashboard layout to look like their pp documents, but that will be useful only if I can export a pdf of the dashboard layout.

0 Kudos
cpbride2020
New Contributor III

The clients I have want to be able to push a button and have a pdf created. It's pretty easy to take a screenshot, I agree. But there is something more "official" about having an export. 

0 Kudos
PaulHickson1
Esri Contributor

@DerekLaw  - has there been anything more concrete in this being in the Enterprise 11 roll out? 

Paul Hickson
0 Kudos
DerekLaw

Hi @PaulHickson1

> ... has there been anything more concrete in this being in the Enterprise 11 roll out? 

Export to CSV is implemented in AGOL for hosted feature layers. It will not be available in Enterprise 11.0, but will be added in a future release.

Hope this helps,

0 Kudos
Arnaud_Leidgens
New Contributor III

Thank you for the clarification. I was surprised not to see that feature in 11.0. Does anybody know a workaround until then ? We could still use third party solutions, host the table, reference the url, but a solution may exist withtin ArcGIS ecosystem. Thank you in advance.