Is there a widget that displays a count of unique values in a given field?

02-26-2017 02:21 PM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have a field in a webmap called 'deviceId' that displays a unique string for each device that pushes data into it.

Ideally, I want a widget in an Operations Dashboard that displays a count of the number of unique devices.

I can see how to display a count of features, but can't see how to create a query that filters by unique value.

In a round-a-bout way, a bar graph achieves something similar, by displaying a unique bar for each deviceId with counts of the number of features for that deviceId, but it's not the effect I want. I just need a single count figure.

Any ideas?

13 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi all, just bumping this question again. It's been over a year, and a major release update of Ops Dashboard since then.

I still can't find any way to get a count of distinct unique values in a field. Can anyone confirm if this is possible yet or not?

EDIT:

I have created an 'Idea' that you can find and up-vote here:

https://community.esri.com/ideas/14948-operations-dashboard-widget-to-display-count-of-distinct-uniq...

Thanks if you do up-vote it.

Cheers,

-Paul

KelaineRavdin
New Contributor II

Bumping this one to see if there is anything new. I too would very much like to be able to do this. 

0 Kudos
MattPawson
New Contributor II

If anyone comes across this post, I think this has been implemented in the new 'ArcGIS Dashboards' (this is not implemented in 'ArcGIS Dashboards Classic').

See https://www.esri.com/arcgis-blog/products/ops-dashboard/announcements/making-it-count-with-arcgis-da...

Sidenote, I stumbled across this post as I'm having issues in getting distinct values using an arcade feature set as an input. Using a normal feature layer works fine though.

0 Kudos
Luiz_RobertoArueira_da_Silva
New Contributor III

Bom dia,
Você pode selecionar o campo  'deviceId' e criar uma tabela resumo com a contagem de registros por  'deviceId'.

Em seguida, se for esse o seu desejo, pode selecionar  'deviceId da tabela resumo e criar um card KPI.
Espero ter ajudado.

0 Kudos