Select to view content in your preferred language

In Search of the Embed Option Window

01-10-2024 09:17 AM
RachelColby
New Contributor

I currently have a dashboard embedded into a storymap. The click/tap interactive button are getting in the way of my dashboards functionality. I am trying to get to the embed option window but I only have a settings button that takes me to embed properties. How do I navigate to get to the option pop-up so that I can remove that interactive feature?

Capture1.PNG 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
rwrenner_esri
Esri Contributor

It sounds like your question is referring to StoryMap configuration rather than Dashboards.

In StoryMaps, the Embed options window can be accessed by hovering over the Embed widget then a bar appears at the top with the options gear:

rwrenner_0-1704908044139.png

If you're not seeing this, can you post a screenshot of what you're seeing?

-Rylee

0 Kudos
RachelColby
New Contributor

Thanks Rylee,

The only buttons when hovering that are present are the disable interaction and open embedded content in new tab. I am hoping to embed a dashboard into my storymap, could it be a setting or license issue with either of those as to why that option isn't available? Honestly I wouldn't need to find the option button if the two buttons in the upper right header weren't disrupting my drop down selector (not the greatest placement)..

0 Kudos
rwrenner_esri
Esri Contributor

It sounds like you want to disable the two buttons at top right of the embed widget so they don't interfere with the embedded dashboard's functionality, and that's why you want to go to the Embed Options tab, let me know if I'm not understanding right.

What happens when you go to the circled gear symbol below, is that not opening the Embed options window?

rwrenner_0-1704999584454.png

When I click the gear, I see the following options which allow me to disable the options that are blocking the dashboard filter:

rwrenner_1-1704999809843.png

Again please let me know if I'm misunderstanding anything.

0 Kudos