How to link map to the list and the gauge

02-11-2021 05:47 PM
Labels (1)
Alexander_Valchyshen
New Contributor II

Hi, 

My dashboard has three elements: (1) map, (2) list of countries, where each country is listed by size of the numeric indicator, (3) gauge element. The screenshot is attached.

I have tried to establish connections between these three objects, but I have not succeeded of a desired behavior of the dashboard. How can I set up properties of these elements so that, for example, when a user selects a country on the map both the list and the gauge show that data of that particular country?

I appreciate your support very much! 

0 Kudos
2 Replies
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi @Alexander_Valchyshen ,

How can I set up properties of these elements so that, for example, when a user selects a country on the map both the list and the gauge show that data of that particular country?

You can enable this type of functionality by using Actions in ArcGIS Dashboards. Please review the online help topic: https://doc.arcgis.com/en/dashboards/create-and-share/actions.htm

In your case, you would configure an operational layer in your Map element to trigger an action on the other elements. I would add a Details element to the dashboard, so when a user selects a country, this will apply a filter action on the Details element to show more info about the selected country. I believe you could also set a filter on the Gauge element as well.

Hope this helps,

Alexander_Valchyshen
New Contributor II

Thank you very much!

0 Kudos