How Can I Label a Serial Chart with Percent Totals?

12-10-2019 12:12 PM
NataleeDesotell
New Contributor III

I have these counts per state, but I'd like to also label them (on the bar or in the pop up, either one) with the percent total. The percent total is another field in the same table. How can I use that field to label each of these with a percent? 

6 Replies
DarrylKlassen1
Occasional Contributor II

@NataleeDesotell  did you ever find a solution to this?  I am being asked something similar.

Thanks

Darryl

0 Kudos
EllieLinden
New Contributor II

Has there been an advancement to this? I would also like to display multiple fields in the serial chart hovers. This is possible for the Dashboard Pie Chart widget and the Experience Builder Chart widget, but does not appear to be possible for the Dashboard Serial Chart widget.

0 Kudos
DarrylKlassen1

@EllieLinden I haven't tried this, but you could have a Data Expression that concatenates the 2 fields you want as part of the hover text.  Then use that on the serial chart as the Split by Field.  

0 Kudos
EllieLinden
New Contributor II

@DarrylKlassen1 thanks for the idea - could you clarify where I would apply a Data Expression to achieve this? I'm hoping to avoid the need to edit the underlying data/fields, so am hoping to do this within the Serial Chart widget. 

0 Kudos
DarrylKlassen1

@EllieLinden within the serial chart - when you first open it - you can select a layer form a map item or you can create a data expression which will allow you to create a new feature set "on the fly" without having to change the underlying data.  

DarrylKlassen1_0-1711138626715.png

https://doc.arcgis.com/en/dashboards/latest/get-started/create-data-expressions.htm

0 Kudos
EllieLinden
New Contributor II

@DarrylKlassen1 I see, thanks for clarifying - I hadn't tried that yet but will take a look, thank you! 

0 Kudos