Help with Dashboard Date Range Selector

Jump to solution
04-14-2021 05:19 PM
Labels (1)
MayraHernandez
New Contributor III

Hello, 

Can someone please help me out with the dashboard date selector tool.  Not sure what happened...I created a dashboard a couple weeks ago. I added the date selector so that users can select a range and according to the date they chose certain data will display on the map.

I looked at the dashboard today and the date selector is different. I have to manually enter the date range...It is not possible to click on the calendar to choose a start and end date. This will be confusing for the end users...

The date range selector is really essential for this particular dashboard. 

This is how the date selector was displayed before: MayraHernandez_1-1618444469476.png

This is the date selector now. We can no longer click on the calendar to choose the start and end date. 

MayraHernandez_3-1618444906331.png

MayraHernandez_2-1618444812067.png

Corona Shopping Cart Retrieval Program (arcgis.com) 

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
SandraLuken1
Esri Contributor

Hi Mayra,

The date range can be selected by first clicking the start date and the holding the shift key while clicking the end date. Then you can click outside the calendar to dismiss it when finished with the selection. 

View solution in original post

SandraLuken1
Esri Contributor

And using the Shift key to select the upper date range is not working? First click the start date and then hold the shift key and click the end date. Then you can click outside the calendar to dismiss it when finished with the selection. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
SandraLuken1
Esri Contributor

Hi Mayra,

The date range can be selected by first clicking the start date and the holding the shift key while clicking the end date. Then you can click outside the calendar to dismiss it when finished with the selection. 

MayraHernandez
New Contributor III

Hi @SandraLuken1, thank you so much for your response! I will relate this back to my team. 

0 Kudos
AfafAbbas1
New Contributor

Hi Sandra,

Hello, this is what happened to me too. I had a dashboard created few months ago and the clients are using it regularly. I opened the dashboard for editing today and found out the date selector has changed. I can no longer able to pick a date, the date show two range but just one of respond to the date selection, even if I click on the lower date and select a date from the calendar, the date gets changed on the upper date window. see the below snapshots. this tool is crucial to our client day to day work. any help is much appreciated.

AfafAbbas1_0-1618799111232.png

Only the highlighted date respond to the calendar's date selection

AfafAbbas1_1-1618799202947.png

0 Kudos
SandraLuken1
Esri Contributor

And using the Shift key to select the upper date range is not working? First click the start date and then hold the shift key and click the end date. Then you can click outside the calendar to dismiss it when finished with the selection. 

0 Kudos
AfafAbbas1
New Contributor

Thanks heaps Sandra, I wasn't aware of the shift key thingy, I guess this is a new configuration to the date selector.

it is working like a charm now!!! thank you

0 Kudos
MayraHernandez
New Contributor III

Hi @SandraLuken1, we noticed that one of the layers (Heat Map) does not change when we select a date range. The layer is included in the date selector actions section.  Do you have any tips on how to fix this?

MayraHernandez_0-1618521921329.png

0 Kudos
SandraLuken1
Esri Contributor

This is a known issue with ArcGIS Dashboards, and other JSAPI 4x based applications. This will continue to work with ArcGIS Dashboards Classic (found in the app launder). You can contact Technical Support to be added to the bug and be notified when it is fixed. 

0 Kudos