Filter a feature layer using a Date Selector

Jump to solution
01-05-2022 06:18 PM
Bryan_Wade
Occasional Contributor

I have a dashboard that I am using to display information being collected in the field using Survey123. I have a date selector in the header that adjusts all of the indicators and other components of the dashboard. Is there a way to use the date selector to filter the map as well to only display the points that correspond to the selected date?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
SayedWali
New Contributor III

Hi @Bryan_Wade 

That is possible. To go step by step, choose the date selector element, then from Action choose add target and choose any element(indicator, map or any other element which exists within the same dashboard).  all the layers you add must have a reference date field and choose that. So you are done!

Such as this:

SayedWali_0-1641453605762.png

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Kanin
by Esri Contributor
Esri Contributor

Hello Wade,

This is possible by setting the Date Selector to filter a layer in the map. The layer requires a date field for this to work.

Kanin_0-1641437959520.png

See more details: Configure actions on dashboard elements—ArcGIS Dashboards | Documentation

Best regards,
Kanin 

If this answer solved your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution" to help others who have the same question.

0 Kudos
SayedWali
New Contributor III

Hi @Bryan_Wade 

That is possible. To go step by step, choose the date selector element, then from Action choose add target and choose any element(indicator, map or any other element which exists within the same dashboard).  all the layers you add must have a reference date field and choose that. So you are done!

Such as this:

SayedWali_0-1641453605762.png

0 Kudos
GerberMatthew
New Contributor III

Hi @SayedWali  @Kanin 

Do you know if this only came available in recent versions for filtering operational layers in the map elements? 

I am running 10.8.1 Dashboards in our enterprise portal and I am able to apply filter actions to all dashboard derived elements such as charts, plots, indicators drive by the operational layer in the map.   However the map itself and the operational layer is not in the action list to apply the action to.

**Edit**  Found my issue.... While Map Image Service capability works for everything else, it does not allow the web map to be filtered.   I published it again with Feature Layer service capability and changed what was in the webmap and it has all now worked.

Thanks

Matt

0 Kudos
CameronMcKee1
New Contributor III

It's worth noting that is was an issue with 10.8 that was later fixed in 10.9.  We had many dashboards that were filtering map image services in our maps.  Unfortunately, this problem was reintroduced in 11.0.  I posted a possible workaround here: https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-dashboards-questions/can-t-filter-map-image-service-after-upgra...

0 Kudos
CameronMcKee1
New Contributor III

Adding on to this, you are supposed to be able to filter map image services.  ESRI noticed there was a bug preventing this from working in AGOL and fixed it there but hasn't fixed it in Enterprise.

AGOL bug number: BUG-000150267 (https://support.esri.com/en/bugs/nimbus/QlVHLTAwMDE1MDI2Nw==)

Enterprise bug number: BUG-000151969

The fix likely won't make it to Enterprise until March 2023 unless we can get ESRI to perform a hotfix.  If this functionality is important to you, please contact support to add yourself to the Enterprise bug.

0 Kudos