I'm building a dashboard with an embedded PDF. When I open the dashboard, everything works as it should, but when I add the dashboard to a storymap or an experience, I get an error message where the PDF should be. It reads, "Requests to the server have been blocked by an extension." Any help with this would be appreciated.
Solved! Go to Solution.
I'm using Chrome. This is a work project and we can only use Chrome, Edge, or Explorer. Everything works as it should when I open the dashboard on its own. The error pops up when I add the dashboard to a storymap or an experience.
We are having a similar issue with our Municipal Ops Dashboard (Municipal Dashboard (arcgis.com)). Every PDF link we have embedded in the dashboard has that same error in Chrome and Edge "Requests to the server have been blocked by an extension." Unfortunately, this is a publicly available dashboard so people will not know to use Firefox or to download an extension on their browser, they will just think the links are dead. We have over 100 PDF links tied to this one dashboard and I'm hopeful that this bug will continue to be worked on until there is a resolution.
Our inelegant workaround was to convert the PDFs we needed to JPG. It's not a great solution, but because our client wanted these specific pages with this specific information, we went with it. Here's hoping for good news soon(ish) on this issue!
Thanks for the tip! Unfortunately about 90% of the PDF links we have in this dashboard are from an outside source. I'm hoping for a resolution soon too because we may have to overhaul our entire dashboard for this one bug.
These are the steps we took:
Hope this makes sense/helps!