Select to view content in your preferred language

Dashboard not working properly with Italian language Browser settings

08-04-2023 08:26 AM
Labels (1)
RobertoRossi
Occasional Contributor

I made a dashboard which represents earthquakes in Italy in the last 7 days.

It is based on these CSV data, updated by Italian National Institute of Geophysics and Volcanology (INGV).

The map uses a style based on a category field (MagType), which determines the colour of the symbol, and and a quantity field (Magnitude), which determines the size of the symbol.

The dashboard has an indicator and a list which represent the latest earthquakes (Ultimo terremoto registrato), and indicator and another list with earthquake greatest/greater magnitude. The first indicator/list use the greater EventID, the second the biggest magnitude value.

When I open the dashboard in a browser with English language setting everything works

Browser with EN languageBrowser with EN language

but when I open it in a browser with Italian language settings I have some problems:

Browser with ITA settingsBrowser with ITA settings

Essentially the indicator, the list and the symbol values which depend on the MagType numeric field do not work properly. I suspect it must be something depending CSV separators with Italian language settings.

I have the same problems in the mobile version.

I have the same behaviour in the map on which the map is based (the map just represents the CSV data): it does not work in browser with Italian language settings.

Data, WebMap and Dashboard are public.

Can you help me?

Roberto Rossi

Padua University

0 Kudos
1 Reply
RobertoRossi
Occasional Contributor

Update,

I noticed that if language setting in ArcGIS Online (My settings > General > Language) is setted on Italian, I have the same problems explained above, regardless of the browser language settings.

Is there someone who has any Idea.

Could it be a kind of bug?

Roberto

0 Kudos