Select to view content in your preferred language

Covered layers give purple hue to top visible layer in Arcgis Online Dashboard Map

12-23-2022 07:42 AM
Labels (1)
FITZPATTON
New Contributor

I've created a dashboard that integrates several layers. 

https://www.arcgis.com/apps/dashboards/0390cb12de594411b2191736572c6986

As I drill down and reach the world imagery layer, the previous State and County layers, which World Imagery should be covering completely, still give this purple overcast to World Imagery. When I turn off the state and county layers this purple hue goes away and the map is clear. 

What is causing this purple overcast hue and how can I turn it off? World Imagery should be covering the previous layers with 0% transparency.

Thank you all so much.

Fitz

0 Kudos
2 Replies
BernSzukalski
Esri Frequent Contributor

That seems to be the selection color, pink/purple by default, for the state you are clicking to show the pop-up. It's the selection color, not anything to do with map layers, that is causing that hue.

While you can change the selection color (in Theme > Map > Selection color) I do not know of a way to remove the selection color. You could try something you find more desirable, perhaps white. Hopefully somebody else might know of a workaround.

0 Kudos
BernSzukalski
Esri Frequent Contributor

And one more thing I might try... When zoomed in to see the imagery, perhaps it is no longer important to be able to show the state or county pop-up. It seems to me what is important is be able to display the facility pop-up when zoomed in.

If true, you can use layer scale visibility to turn off the state and county layers and only have the facilities available for the pop-up. Doing so would give you a workaround to the pink/purple hue covering everything when zoomed in.

0 Kudos