Select to view content in your preferred language

Category Selector - 'Cannot Access Data' due to ArcGIS Server 10.9 BUG-000142623

05-29-2023 11:24 AM
kmsmikrud
Regular Contributor

Hello,

I have a dashboard that worked all last year, but we recently upgraded to ArcGIS GIS Server 10.9 and now I encountered a BUG-00142623 so I now get a 'cannot access data' using a field that is text field with dates.

"The error message, "Invalid data type for expression <expression>." is returned when applying a query in a string field for values formatted as '1/1/2021 12:15:59' with hosted feature services in ArcGIS Server 10.9 relational or spatiotemporal ArcGIS Data Store. "

It is fixed in version 11.0, but our organization will not be upgrading to this for some time. Based on the support page below is the current work around.

"Workaround

Prefix the string with 'N'. For example, Where: test = N'1/1/2021 12:15:59'. "

How can I apply this in my dashboard for the category selector to work again with the dates as text field? I was trying to use a data expression, but so far have been unsuccessful.

This is very frustrating since it all was working fine.

Thanks in advance,

Kathy

1 Reply
Pei-SanTsai
New Contributor III

I upgraded to 10.9.1 over the weekend and I had the same issue with my dashboard.  Spent almost a day trying to fix the issue, Using Query Layers in Operation Dashboard method didn't resolve the issue until I see your post regarding the bug.  This is what I did, for my event schedule table, I changed the start date field with prefix 'N', 'N' 5/25/2023 and this made the category selector works on the dashboard.  At this point, category is displaying as 'N' 5/25/2023, go to the "Selector" tab and under the label to "Load Category" and remove the 'N' from the label.  Please see attached images.

0 Kudos