Bug in Operations Dashboard on Enterprise Portal with HTML Tag?

12-06-2019 12:59 PM
LindsayMaier
New Contributor III

I was able to use this article Effective use of HTML—Operations Dashboard for ArcGIS | Documentation to successfully color code a List based on my field {listcolor} in an Operations Dashboard on ArcGIS Online. However, when attempting to create the exact same List in an Operations Dashboard on our Enterprise Portal, the <span> formatting tag completely ignores the {listcolor} within the code (it actually removes it from the HTML after I hit "done"). Has anyone else had this problem? Is this a known bug? Thanks in advance!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
10 Replies
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Lindsay,

> However, when attempting to create the exact same List in an Operations Dashboard on our Enterprise Portal, the <span> formatting tag completely ignores the {listcolor} within the code (it actually removes it from the HTML after I hit "done"). Has anyone else had this problem? Is this a known bug?

This might be a bug that was fixed in ArcGIS Online. What release of Portal for ArcGIS (e.g., ArcGIS Enterprise) are you using?

0 Kudos
LindsayMaier
New Contributor III

0 Kudos
DerekLaw

Hi Lindsay,

FYI, Portal for ArcGIS 10.7.1 is not completely equivalent to the latest ArcGIS Online release - it is typically one (or possibly two) releases behind. This might be a new bug. Can you please contact esri Technical Support so they can help investigate further?

Hope this helps,

0 Kudos
LindsayMaier
New Contributor III

Already did. ESRI Case #02456570.

0 Kudos
LindsayMaier
New Contributor III

It appears this was likely caused by our lack of a SSL (we were waiting on it to get purchased/installed). Now that it's been installed, the field-based tag formatting works.

DerekLaw

Thanks for the status update Lindsay!

Happy holidays,

0 Kudos
ChrisRoberts2
Occasional Contributor III

We are on Portal 10.7 and I am seeing the same thing happening with HTML Tags. Has this been identified as a bug?

0 Kudos
DerekLaw

Hi Chris,

> We are on Portal 10.7 and I am seeing the same thing happening with HTML Tags. Has this been identified as a bug?

No, this wasn't logged as a bug. Case #02456570 was closed because of the lack of an SSL certificate on the Portal. Please contact esri Tech Support so they can help you investigate this issue further.

Hope this helps,

0 Kudos
LindsayMaier
New Contributor III

Yes, like Derek said, the issue was apparently due to our lack of a SSL certificate. Once that was resolved, the HTML problem went away.