Utilizing Collector to create 3D scenes on the fly

10-29-2018 09:10 AM
RPGIS
by
Occasional Contributor III

Hi,

I was just wondering but is it possible to use collector to gather data in 3D and have the data systematically be set up (either python script or otherwise) to create 3D scenes on the fly. I am just curious because we are working to hopefully create some really cool models in 3D but just curious to see if it would be possible to generate a 3D scene with data gathered from collector on the fly. Any help or ideas would be really helpful.

Thanks,

Robert

0 Kudos
6 Replies
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

You can collect your data that has xyz values and have that feature layer used within a web scene. This web scene can be displayed in the Scene Viewer or any of our 3D web apps so you can share those apps to your users to bring in a simple and focused experience.

0 Kudos
RPGIS
by

Ok cool. Can the scene be updated with the data that is collected from

collector without needing to be republished or is this not possible.

Thanks,

Robert

0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

The feature layer is dynamic and can have a refresh interval set on the feature layer item. The web scene supports feature layers configured like this so it will work in the Scene Viewer or the 3D configurable apps. You can also just have the layer set without any refresh interval and the page can be refresh and the changes will be picked up.

0 Kudos
RPGIS
by

Ok. Thanks Russell. I will be curious to see how this plays out when we

test or implement it.

0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

Cool, here are a couple blogs to help out, refresh interval is towards the bottom of the blogs

What’s New in Scene Viewer (April 2018) 

https://www.esri.com/arcgis-blog/products/arcgis-online/3d-gis/delivering-your-common-operating-pict... 

0 Kudos
RPGIS
by

Thanks Russel. I just wanted to know so that we can try different things and see how they might pan out.

0 Kudos