Using Secured ArcGIS Services In Collector

04-24-2014 05:30 PM
GregConiglio
New Contributor III
Hello!  With Server 10.2.2 now allowing disconnected editing with one's own Feature Services, we've updated and are trying this out.

I have a question though.  We also have secured our feature/map services and folders within ArcGIS Server.  Is there a way to embed the credentials in the ArcGIS Online Web Map so that end users using Collector don't have to enter the un & pw?

The prompt comes up every time someone accesses the map on arcgis.com, or via Collector.  I swear that with one of our 10.1 services, I accessed one of our services (without sync of course at 10.1 yet), entered the token pw once in arcgis.com, and never had to enter it again.  I can't prove this though because we have updated?

Anyway to do this?
Thanks!!
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor
You can embed a set of credentials on a token secured service by going through My Content > Add Item. Then you can add the feature service URL and the dialog will update to ask you if you want to save credentials on that layer and not prompt the users of the service or have it prompt always. Then add it to the web map, save it and when you open it up in the app you shouldn't see a prompt if configured that way.

Russ
0 Kudos
GregConiglio
New Contributor III
You can embed a set of credentials on a token secured service by going through My Content > Add Item. Then you can add the feature service URL and the dialog will update to ask you if you want to save credentials on that layer and not prompt the users of the service or have it prompt always. Then add it to the web map, save it and when you open it up in the app you shouldn't see a prompt if configured that way.

Russ

Question:  More and more lately, I am getting an error that says "Valid Service Credentials Not Supplied".  I am positive I am entering an appropriate password.  And I know I can get to this from the internet because I can enter the REST URL from the web, ente rthe same password and see the endpoint page.  This same password worked all the time previously, and even earlier in the week.

I noticed a few other posts on ESRI forums as of late with the same issue.  Any thoughts? Thanks!
0 Kudos