use of feature layer views for duplicate layers results in error 3079 (domain already exists)

469
1
Jump to solution
04-08-2020 09:51 PM
JimmyKnowles
Occasional Contributor II

I'm trying to make the transition to the new Collector. We take advantage of hosted feature layer views to apply filters to the same layer as described in this blog post.

I recently tried this and I'm getting the 3079 error that says a domain already exists for several layers. I do have shared domains. The layers in my webmap were published from Pro 2.5. I verified that the domains with the same names are exactly the same. I wrote a python script that gets the json from AGOL for all layers and tables of both the source feature service and the feature layer view. The script then throws the domain name and its coded values into a pandas dataframe. Then I use the pandas duplicated function to make sure the coded values are the same for all domains with the same name.

Has anyone run into this problem in the new Collector with using hosted feature layer views? I'm getting the same error in both Android and iOS. Things work fine in Collector Classic.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JimmyKnowles
Occasional Contributor II

Well, after further investigation, this was a user error issue. Typically when I update a domain on the source feature service, those changes get propagated to all views. This didn't happen on a couple of domains in only one view. Not sure why this didn't happen. I've since updated my script to check all layers in all views. This helped me identify which domains on which layers in which views had different values.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
JimmyKnowles
Occasional Contributor II

Well, after further investigation, this was a user error issue. Typically when I update a domain on the source feature service, those changes get propagated to all views. This didn't happen on a couple of domains in only one view. Not sure why this didn't happen. I've since updated my script to check all layers in all views. This helped me identify which domains on which layers in which views had different values.

0 Kudos