updating location of existing features with collector

Jump to solution
06-09-2015 08:58 AM
ErikBlake
Occasional Contributor III

So. I just started using the collector app. It works OK for collecting new features. But is it possible to update existing features to their new location with collector. We have points that were put into our system with inaccurate lat\longs and they need to be GPSed to their actual locations. We are using the iPad with collector and the new R1 from trimble. I don't want to have to collect a new point and spend the time snapping to or moving existing point with all the attributes to the improved location point back in the office. So I want to just click on the existing point in the map and say update geometry or location.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

So if your feature service is configured to allow updates to geometry you can you tap on the feature you want to edit, click the up arrow in the popup and you will see the option to Edit the feature. If you have ownership enabled and you do not own the feature you want to edit, the option to edit that feature will not be displayed.

Update a feature—Collector for ArcGIS | ArcGIS

View solution in original post

2 Replies
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

So if your feature service is configured to allow updates to geometry you can you tap on the feature you want to edit, click the up arrow in the popup and you will see the option to Edit the feature. If you have ownership enabled and you do not own the feature you want to edit, the option to edit that feature will not be displayed.

Update a feature—Collector for ArcGIS | ArcGIS

ErikBlake
Occasional Contributor III

Russell

Thank you very much!

0 Kudos