Unable to edit offline

07-26-2018 12:31 PM
FionaBecker
New Contributor II

I have a set of webmaps that has a data layer that cannot be edited when the Collector project is downloaded to a device to work offline.  With some testing, we’ve determined that if I’m online and viewing Collector maps that haven’t been downloaded to my device, this layer is available on “Collect a new feature” menu. If I download that same Collector project, that point layer will not show up on the “Collector a new Feature” list. This is a Feature Service hosted on AGOL using an enterprise account. This feature service has 3 layers in it, poly, point, and line. The line and poly layers can be edited, but the point layer will not show up on the “Create New Feature” menu once the Collector Project is downloaded to the device. I have double-checked in the webmap that this layer is editable in the webmap. This problem is happening on multiple devices for multiple users. Previously, this point layer was editable offline in these webmaps.

Troubleshooting I’ve done so far:

-I have republished the service

- In ArcGIS Online, I removed the problematic point layer from the webmap, added it back, saved the webmap. Removed the offline map from Collector, killed the app, downloaded the updated map. Problem still remains.

However, if I add this problematic point layer to a new blank webmap, I can edit it. 

Unfortunately, I have about 80 maps in our Collector group that have this same problem. These are all customized copies of the same "master" project.  

0 Kudos
2 Replies
RandyDeodat1
New Contributor

Hi Fiona,

I know this post is almost 3 years old, but I'm running into the same issue. I even created a brand new layer and it still won't edit while offline. Were you able to find a solution to this?

0 Kudos
JessicaIEMA
New Contributor

I've also just run into this issue and haven't found a solution.

0 Kudos