Unable to Download Map or Map Areas for offline use

11-04-2020 10:12 AM
Claire_Peterson
Occasional Contributor

I have a webmap created that contains 10 AGO hosted feature layers and 2 related tables. Everything is set up according to the documentation ( https://doc.arcgis.com/en/collector/android-phone/help/offline-prep.htm ) as far as I can tell. At the moment, myself and another user are having trouble downloading the map in Collector Classic as well as downloading Map Areas in Field Maps and ArcGIS Collector.

In Collector Classic, when I tap download in the bottom right corner of the card I receive an error message that reads 

The map failed to download with the message: Unable to create replica. Please check your parameters., Exporting data for layer 0 failed.

In Field Maps, when I click on Add map area I receive a message that reads 

an error occurred downloading map area

Does anyone have any guidance on what could be causing this issue? The only thing that I have read about is the potential for issues with the related tables but when I remove those tables from the web map - the issue persists.

7 Replies
AW_Grove
Occasional Contributor

Claire Peterson‌ - we just started to experience this issue this week. Did your map work prior to this week? 

All of our maps stream fine, and 20% of the time a download works.

0 Kudos
Claire_Peterson
Occasional Contributor

Hi Melissa, I honestly do not know. I have been working on this web map off and on over the last two / three weeks for a survey crew member to test but I personally did not have the opportunity to put it through its paces. It does seem like a pretty widespread issue from other posts I have seen but this is the first time creating something for offline use so I am not entirely sure if I am missing something in the configuration process (as far as I can tell - I am not but who knows!)

0 Kudos
NeelKumar
New Contributor III

Check your field names: https://community.esri.com/thread/164094 

0 Kudos
Claire_Peterson
Occasional Contributor

Field names are all normal, no special characters other than underscores being used.

0 Kudos
Claire_Peterson
Occasional Contributor

A coworker of mine was successfully able to download a web map he created along with map areas but I am still unable to - crashes a few seconds into the download process.

Would really appreciate some assistance with this!

EDIT: It seems to be related to the two layers that have related tables? Is there a work around for allowing layers with related tables in Collector?

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hey Claire!  I've seen a very similar error message to the one you described.  The one I am familiar with is:  Unable to download the map, unable to create replica, please check your parameters, update for layer [0] failed.

In that particular error the cause of the issue is that attachments associated with one of the feature layers are no longer available.  Do any of these hosted feature layers have any attachments?  If so see which ones are having issues being opened in ArcMap or ArcGIS Online.  Perhaps that is related to the issue.  

0 Kudos
Claire_Peterson
Occasional Contributor

Hi William, attachments are turned on but I am not sure if any actually have attachments - I will definitely take a look and make sure they are all working correctly.

I did end up removing two hosted feature layers that had a related tables connected to them and it seemed to download without any problems but these layers that were removed are important to the project. I have read there have been issues in the past with related tables and collector? 

0 Kudos