Time of feature creation attribute?

Jump to solution
02-07-2017 06:31 PM
AnthonyCheesman1
Occasional Contributor II

Hi

I'll preface this by saying that I am new to Collector and still finding my way around.

I have set up a project which collects basic point and line data. I would like to be able to automatically capture when (date/time) a feature was created.

How would I go about doing this? Is it a setting in AGOL (as part of the service) or would I have to define it when creating my geodatabase and data model?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
PeteCrosier
Occasional Contributor III

Look for "Keep track of who created and last updated features" in your hosted feature layer's settings in AGOL - ticking this should add fields to your layer to record who created and modified a feature and when these things happened.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
PeteCrosier

Look for "Keep track of who created and last updated features" in your hosted feature layer's settings in AGOL - ticking this should add fields to your layer to record who created and modified a feature and when these things happened.

AnthonyCheesman1
Occasional Contributor II

Thanks Pete, that has done the trick.

If I could ask another question - is there a way to have the time recorded in local time? It looks to be reporting in GMT, where I'm working in GMT +11hrs.

I've checked my user profile and the time zone is set correctly there. Could it be tied to our organisational account?

0 Kudos
PeteCrosier

These dates and times are recorded in UTC - I believe you may be able to publish your data to AGOL through Desktop with time enabled to specify a different timezone but I'm not sure. We published in the 'normal' way and experienced some confusion around this in summer in the UK because our clocks go to GMT+1, so we're doing something at 5pm and AGOL says we did it at 4pm.

0 Kudos