SDE based files as a Map Service on ArcGIS Server the collector app allows edits to 1 field you choose, the web map allows edits to all fields.

09-20-2016 06:59 AM
GeorgeKatsambas
Occasional Contributor III

#I am taking CSV files of points and adding X, Y, I then copy the files to ArcSDE and use arcmap to symbolize and publish as a map service. This map service is then used in the colllector app based on a web map that allows only 1 field to be editable, however, when the map is opened as a web map through a browser all fields are editable. Is there a way to fix this.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
GeorgeKatsambas

I also forgot to mention that the field that i choose to be only editable does not show up in the web map browser popup.

0 Kudos
MitchHolley1
MVP Regular Contributor

Have you tried making fields editable and visible using the 'Configure Popup' section? In the Web Map, click the ellipses under the layer you want to edit, and select 'Configure Popup'.  From here, you can control what fields are editable and visible. 

GeorgeKatsambas

yes, on the web map after configuring popups I get the result i want, once I deploy to server and open through the browser then the popups editable fields are not honored.

0 Kudos
GeorgeKatsambas

I ended up deleting the original web map, created a new web map hosted to arcgis online using WAB Developer and pointing to my online map. Republished my map services that are on SDE and configured the pop ups again on my online map. It seems my original online web map was causing it to act erratically.