Save offline data in SD Card for Windows and Android (Collector for ArcGIS)

Jump to solution
12-22-2015 01:11 AM
MarianMarigmen
New Contributor II

Hi.

Is there a way to choose to save the data you have downloaded for the offline mode of Collector for ArcGIS, in your SD card, instead of its default folder created in your internal storage?

And if its possible for Android, is it also possible for Windows device?

Thanks in advance!

Karen LandichoJonathan Atienza

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MatthewBaber
Esri Contributor

Hi Marian,

At this time only basemaps can be loaded onto an SD card for use in Collector. I have only done this on Android, but I would assume with the recent release of Collector in beta for Windows 10 mobile that this functionality will either already exist or be introduced soon to Window's devices.

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

3 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

can you elaborate...have you tried it and found it isn't possible? why would you want to use an SD card as a primary in-process data destination rather than a backup? raises memories of using usb 'drives' in a similar fashion with mixed results.

0 Kudos
MatthewBaber
Esri Contributor

Hi Marian,

At this time only basemaps can be loaded onto an SD card for use in Collector. I have only done this on Android, but I would assume with the recent release of Collector in beta for Windows 10 mobile that this functionality will either already exist or be introduced soon to Window's devices.

Hope this helps!

MarianMarigmen
New Contributor II

Thanks for your response. This is really hrlpful. Happy New Year!

0 Kudos