'Request Forbidden' error message when trying to sync edits

06-28-2022 09:28 AM
Katie_Clark
MVP Regular Contributor

Hello, 

I've "triaged" the situation and have manually recreated the points and extracted photos so that the team has the data they need. However, I'd really like to get some answers on what caused this issue in the first place so that we can avoid in the future.

See screenshot below for the error message received. This user has not had issues syncing before, and I was able to create test points and sync successfully with that login info on that device in a different map. I also tested by creating a test point on two different devices, using the same login information, and then syncing. I thought maybe it was an issue with duplicate/conflicting object ID's, but it looks like the data simply gets corrected and whichever device is synced first gets priority for the object ID, and subsequent syncs automatically reassign a unique ID based on what's already in the dataset.

I tried retrieving the data manually per the Esri documentation (using iTunes to extract the replica geodatabases) but all the data that I was able to extract were for different offline maps. The one for this map didn't exist! So I couldn't retrieve the data that way.

I also successfully synced test data to this specific web map on a different device. I am really stumped as to what caused this error! Any ideas?

Katherine_Clark_0-1656433370910.png

Best,
Katie

“The goal is not simply to ‘work hard, play hard.’ The goal is to make our work and our play indistinguishable.”
- Simon Sinek
0 Kudos
2 Replies
DanMoore
Esri Contributor

@Katie_Clark A couple things that come to mind:
Were there any schema changes done to the data while this user's map was downloaded for offline use? 
Was the user's version of Collector up to date?
Did this occur on other downloaded web maps on the same device?

0 Kudos
Katie_Clark
MVP Regular Contributor

Hi Dan, thanks for your response!

1. The user said that the offline map area was very new, so I don't believe there were any schema changes between download the area and trying to sync.

2. The version of Collector on the device is 20.2.4, build 2851

3. This issue did NOT occur with other maps on the device. I created test data on other maps and they synced successfully.

Best,
Katie

“The goal is not simply to ‘work hard, play hard.’ The goal is to make our work and our play indistinguishable.”
- Simon Sinek
0 Kudos