Repair a sync failure in ArcGIS Collector

Jump to solution
06-13-2015 03:23 PM
CarlBeyerhelm
Occasional Contributor

The sync process on a Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 hangs with no progress, no error message, and no timeout.  It just sits there, despite a strong WiFi or 4G connection.  See the attached Image1.

This Samsung has successfully synced previous Collector projects without difficulty, so I know the device itself is capable.

Other devices (iPad, Android phone, etc.) are successfully syncing the current Collector project, so I know the current project itself is not “broken”.

This leads me to believe that something internal to the client_delta or geodatabase files on the Samsung have, somehow, gotten cooked.

These files are visible in the Samsung’s ArcGIS_Collector folder.  See the attached Image2.

This text is in the SyncProcessRecoveryInfo file (you may have to scroll across to see all the content), and the clientDeltaPath value is correct.

{"uploadId":"Upload Failed","clientDeltaPath":"/storage/emulated/0/ArcGIS_Collector/offline_data/cbeyerhelm.fpr_UjNGUFIubWFwcy5hcmNnaXMuY29t/8e53d896417a463885417d84604dd434/client_delta_1433811446075.geodatabase","createdClientDelta":true,"uploadedClientDelta":true,"acknowledgedUpload":false,"syncComplete":false,"syncStatusUrl":null}

So, how can I either fix this problem, or make a backdoor retrieval of the data and attachments and get them into my feature service.  There are 42 pending records and attachments that took field crews 2 weeks to collect.  I'm in a little bit of a panic.

Thank you...

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
CarlBeyerhelm
Occasional Contributor

Problem solved, crisis averted!

A shout-out to Deb Traver at NPS for pointing me to this documentation of ESRI Bug 000084156 which, after making a backup of the folders in question, delivered a successful sync.

http://support.esri.com/en/bugs/nimbus/QlVHLTAwMDA4NDE1Ng==

View solution in original post

5 Replies
PeteCrosier
Occasional Contributor III

If you have Desktop 10.3 you could try the "Copy Runtime Geodatabase To File Geodatabase" tool to recover the data?

We're testing Collector at the moment and this is happening to us too - the progress bar (which generally has a mind of its own) will get to around two-thirds and then do nothing until you cancel the sync. No errors or messages. The same device will have synced successfully previously in the past and other devices will be able to sync as normal. Unfortunately we don't have 10.3 and some of our users are a few hundred miles away, so getting their device from them doesn't really work.

0 Kudos
TylerBlack
New Contributor II

Have you tried refreshing the Collector screen?  I had this hang up occur on Collector, though I'm using iOS, and refreshing the screen either made the loading bar jump forward or complete the sync altogether.

0 Kudos
CarlBeyerhelm
Occasional Contributor

Problem solved, crisis averted!

A shout-out to Deb Traver at NPS for pointing me to this documentation of ESRI Bug 000084156 which, after making a backup of the folders in question, delivered a successful sync.

http://support.esri.com/en/bugs/nimbus/QlVHLTAwMDA4NDE1Ng==

PeteCrosier

Excellent!

0 Kudos
PeteCrosier

Collector for ArcGIS 10.3.1 released | ArcGIS Blog  - hopefully this is fixed now!

0 Kudos